At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The VP eCommerce is responsible to build, operate and maximize the performance of the Western Europe eCommerce (eCom) business. These key eCom functions will perform at a Western European (WE) Market level. In this position you will Design sales and prfitability growth plans for the eCom channels and partner with Global and Retail to build a truly integrated Omni channel experience for the consumer.
Continuously improve consumer service and online experience in the view to maintain the highest brand equity. This role ensures a strategic drive for rapid and aggressive growth of the eCom business model over multiple years.
At all times maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction through strategic partnering and membership with the Western Senior Leadership Team, Retail Counterparts, Global Sales Strategy and Excellence, Western Europe Brand Directors, and European Key Accounts while respecting the adidas brand image
- Design and execute strategic direction and expansion planning for eCom business throughout WE
- Design and build a high-performing Ecommerce organization leveraging eCom expertise and industry best practices
- Execute the eCom portion of the adidas operating model
- Steer the eCom team centrally by partnering with companion Senior Sales Leaders
- Input and Execute against the online Visual Merchandising Strategy to ensure seamless selection, ordering, and returning of online merchandise
- Create definitions and communication of eCom operating standards and policies for all online country sites in WE; within Global guideline
- Drive eCom Key Performance indicators (KPI’s): Traffic, Conversion, UPT , ATV, % channel contribution etc.
- Ensure continuous improvement in brand NPS, leveraging real consumer insights
- To be able to successfully build bridges across functions thereby utilizing the full mix of skills and abilities in existence within adidas / WE
- Build long-term relationships with our senior leaders of our Western European Team. Key relationships are Sales Strategy WE and Global, Go To Market (GTM) teams, European Key Accounts, Finanace, HR, Legal, SCM, and IT.
- To be capable to lead and deliver cross-functional initiatives both by direct management of people and by influencing at all levels within the company
- To ensure efficient control of a cost centre
- Takes ownership for Talent Management processes to grow, develop and retain of all direct reports to drive high performance
- Promote a Culture change through eCom and as leader within We and adidas
The Ideal Person
- Minimum of +10 years multi-country strategic Ecommerce related experience – ideally in Ecommerce and or Digital preferably within Europe or Globally
- Business acumen and entrepreneurship - a in sales and building new organizations and teams
- Game changer - influencing and changing both business and attitude through challenging leadership skills – challenge the way of working
- Strong Team builder - comfortable working in a matrix organization, across boarders/time zones managing a diverse and global group of highly skilled leaders and experts
- People management experience - challenge and focus
- Multi-sales-channel experience or affinity
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Industry experience, sports industry a plus
- English – Fluent verbal and written
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Be a contributing member of the Western Europe Senior Leadership team
- Ability to strategically prepare for and execute aggressive sales growth targets
- Must know how to enhance consumer experience through insights-driven action planning to drive strong NPS result vs. the competitor
- Ability to think strategically, understand complex business challenges and formulate effective solutions designed to improve results.
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to interface at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess strong leadership, management and coaching skills, and the ability to capitalize on and apply these skills, resulting in the growth and development of employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead and inspire teams through difficult, emotional and stressful business and organizational climates.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to achieve desired results in a fast-paced, highly competitive, multi-tasking environment.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, negotiation and resolution skills.
- Must be familiar with the retail industry and trends in the marketplace.
- Ability to manage projects effectively, including ability to identify, define, measure, analyze, innovate, improve and control problems that are without clear precedent.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional results and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree from a four-year college or university (or equivalent amount of relevant professional experience); MBA preferred
- Minimum of 12 years in retail industry ideally at the Head of Department or equivalent level.
- Previous leadership experience in retail operations is highly preferable.
- Minimum 8-10 years cross-functional and or sales management experience
- Minimum 10 years experience managing a team
- Must be willing to relocate in the future
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales and profit goals
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and inspire a high-performance team
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.