At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
The WE SCM Purchasing teams objective is to secure the best availability of the adidas and Reebok brands product while maintaining healthy inventory levels and being a key partner to the Business Units. The responsibility of the Purchasing Trainee is to assist with the operational execution of buy related activities, inventory control and business partner interactions. The role will also support in the preparation of business performance updates and process optimization projects
- Support scheduled and ad hoc data validation exercises to ensure process and master data accuracy
- Run buy related process steps to supporting the pre buy, buy and post buy activities
- Execute Purchase Order Management actions in relevant systems
- Assist with analytical tasks with the objective of identifying process issues and driving solutions
- Perform system set up steps enabling efficient purchasing execution
- Demand Planning
- Oder Management
- Global Supply Planning
- Order Fulfilment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong team player with the ability to work with diverse groups of people in a productive manner.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete projects under a deadline.
- Good knowledge of standard software applications (Excel, Access)
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduated with College or university degree with a focus on Logistics or a related field
- Applies to EU citizens only due to work permit regulations
- A good level of MS applications is required.
- SAP experience would be an advantage.
Start date: 1st September 2018
Please note that we do not offer relocation for traineeships
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.