Position Summary: Reporting to the VP, Global Corporate Finance, this position is responsible for the Company’s tax strategy, compliance, tax planning and accounting for all relevant taxes. The successful candidate will work with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. The position will report into the VP of Global Corporate Finance working with the financial management of the Company and third party service providers alike.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Manages and reviews federal, international and state income tax returns, including preparation of all related analyses and support.
- Oversees the tax returns, financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting of the company’s global income tax positions.
- Partners with global treasury and third party vendors on accounting and income tax for the Company’s US and international subsidiaries.
- Responsible for use and property tax functions and audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings.
- Prepares for quarterly and annual tax provision process to ensure accurate and timely tax accounting and disclosure, including working with external auditors to provide information to assist them in their review or audit of the tax provision.
- Responds to operating and legislative changes identifying and documenting impacts on the company’s tax positions.
- Develops and manages corporate tax team to achieve high performance by fostering a positive team environment, through effective delegation, objective setting, performance assessments, motivation, and training and development
- Responsible for transfer pricing and management fee strategies and arrangements.
- Ensures that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Departmental liaison with IT staff on all technical matters relating to tax applications.
- Ability to oversee services providers on SALT matters.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Fluent in English; ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
- Experience and knowledge of related spreadsheet applications (Excel and Word).
- Strong analytical skills required and the ability to detect and avoid errors.
- Knowledge of Accounting principles, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of international cash pooling, withholding tax considerations, IP Agreements.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Able to adapt in a fast paced environment
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
- 10+ years of related experience with at least 5 years in a public accounting firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Taxation and CPA highly preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems, ideally Oracle.
- Working-knowledge of the OECD’s BEPS proposals.
- International tax experience required.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Office environment, heavy computer use
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%
The above Essential Duties & Responsibilities list includes those duties and responsibilities for which the position exists and which must be satisfactorily performed in order to be successful in the position. However the job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.