At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Act as “Strategic Business Partner” and “Coach” to the Supply Chain and IT organizations in all relevant HR management issues and lead the Global Functions HR team in Portland ensuring that we are providing the best HR strategies and services to attract, develop, motivate and retain the best people.
- Take a pro-active part in the design of the Strategic Business Plan (SBP) of the supported line of busienss and lead the execution and control of the global SBP for the respective support area in the location and coordinate this with global partners where needed. Ensure harmonized implementation in all relevant locations.
- Maintain a high level of communication with Management and contribute to the decision-making process of structuring and developing the team for the organization. Actively support business initiatives and business needs with effective HR measures and promote positive employee relations in the work environment.
- Ensure that all aspects of staffing, employee relations, employee development and compensation & benefits for all employees of supported lines of business are delivered timely and in accordance with relevant labor and commercial legislation, in line with corporate guidelines, the Global Policy Manual and modern HR Management practice.
- Support/drive initiatives and efficient processes, in close co-ordination with Talent and in close alignment with global HR partners, in the areas of learning/training, leadership, performance and succession, talent acquisition/recruiting as well as organizational development efforts.
- Ensure smooth processes for talent acquisition and transfer activities in support functions in close cooperation with global Rewards and lead the recruitment for the Senior Management team of the market.
- Work closely with the Rewards team to promote and develop overall compensation & benefit programs and ensure proper implementation.
- Manage personnel planning, annual salary rounds and promotions/salary adjustments for defined areas in accordance with the GSMS process and in close cooperation with Rewards.
- Ensure a global HR reporting for respective functional area in close cooperation with Performance Management and global partners.
- Lead the HR team members and give functional direction according to the global as well as regional strategies and concepts ensuring a harmonized approach to all relevant HR processes (one voice to the customer).
- Define organizational structure, set objectives and manage workloads and results to achieve goals while adopting best practices and achieving continuous process improvement.
- Ensure high employee engagement at every level through effective motivation, coaching, training and development of personnel in the team.
- SVP SCM NAM, SCM NAM Leadership Team, VP IT NAM, IT NAM Leadership Team
- HR Leaders for Global Functions
- HR Talent
- HR Rewards
- Legal Counsel
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution
- Must have the ability to interact at the highest levels of the company
- An acute sense of business management and administration
- A strong and dedicated understanding towards the Group and customers’ needs
- MS Office skills, SAP experience is a plus
- Experience in managing complex mid- to large-size projects within HR
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills to all employees including senior management
- Four year college or university degree with an emphasis in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Personnel Administration or other related field.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive experience in Human Resources Management of a multi-national company with experience in HR Management, Rewards and Development
- Proven strategic HR business partner, who supported business partners AND contributed to the further development of standard/global HR tools and programs
- Experience in handling complicated employee relations issues including union drives/organizing attempts, discrimination claims, sexual harassment investigations and downsizing
- Experience in leading a HR team on acquisition/divestiture and integration of a new organization is a plus
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.