At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
To ensure positive development of adidas brand image and sustainable and profitable business through an adequate Sports Marketing portfolio of individual athletes, clubs and associations supporting brand and category objectives.
- Plan and manage short and long-term sports marketing strategy for key categories.
- Establish and coordinate the sports marketing objectives, policies and program within the context of the overall business plan and, where appropriate, recommend standards and set targets and quotas.
- Plan and execute operational matters including sports market research, sponsorship, promotion and distribution.
- Input to develop initiatives such as new products, new sports marketing techniques.
- Maintain necessary contact with key sponsors and industry associations to achieve the objectives of the group.
- Ensure all the activities of the sports marketing group comply with relevant Acts, legal demands and ethical standards.
- Develops a reputation in the sports industry as the brand that provides the best products & services, and builds a healthy relationship.
- Ensures that the teams and individuals wear and represent the products according to our Marketing Plan to communicate adidas as the leading performance brand.
- Negotiates and executes contracts, strategic alliances, product procurement, delivery, service to and the assets.
- Ensures the management of our assets is a leader in the industry which includes: on-time delivery of our products, product satisfaction, and partnership building.
- Build strategic alliances with key figures and influencers in sports industry, i.e. coaches, trainers, agency and sport federations. Provide products and services to sponsored teams and athletes as required.
- Support comprehensive action plans for all (grassroots) events & trade fairs.( maximize relationships with relevant Government and sports departments, and that maximize perception of our good corporate citizenship)
- Coordination and management of federation
- Communication & coordination with Global & Regional Team.
- Agency managements and control.
- Report to Global & Regional Team : Plans, Reports
- Budget Management
- Activate Brand Assets in 360 degree marketing platforms
- Brand Marketing, Product, Local Sourcing, Sales, Finance, HR
- NZ Rugby, Football Associations, Professional Soccer Clubs, Basketball Associations, sports teams, athletic associations, and individual athletes on contracted teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong relationship with federations and sports teams
- Sports knowledge
- Effective presentation and communication skills
- Strong PC and organization skills
- Analysis skill
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University Degree, preferably in Sports Marketing/Marketing
- Minimum of 5 year experiences in the sports marketing or promotion department at an international brand.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive base salary, bonus scheme and adidas employee benefits are also on offer to the successful candidate
How do I apply?
- Press the "Apply" button and follow the instructions
- You will be required to fill out the online applications forms, and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter which addresses all above candidate requirements
- Applications which do not attach a cover letter which addresses the job requirements specific to adidas will not be considered.
- Applications will only be accepted through the steps above
- Please note that due to the high volume of applications adidas receives, we will be unable to respond to all individual inquiries.
adidas Jobs http://careers.adidas-group.com/
Please note applicants must have permanent legal rights to work in New Zealand. No Relocation or Visa support is offered for this role.
Please note part of adidas Pacific’s recruitment process will require external candidates to consent to a pre-employment criminal history check
Note to agencies: adidas Pacific does not accept any unsolicited calls or resumes from headhunters, executive recruiters, or other staffing or recruitment agencies. Please do not submit or forward any resumes, CVs or profiles to the adidas careers portal, nor to any adidas personnel. adidas will not pay any fees relating to unsolicited resumes.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.