At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
Support DTC (Retail & Ecom) and Franchise business by implementing all the day-to-day trading of the department by reviewing sales and stock and ensuring all in-season activity is focused upon delivering planned sales, margin and terminal stock objectives.Ensuring the correct product is bought in the right volumes and size ratios for the local market. This role will plan and trade product by providing feedback and range to SEAPAC Product Planning team.
Key Functional Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of key strategic priorities in market across Retail & Franchise in line with the business and SEAPAC DTC Product Planning framework.
- To support\steer and own forecast in the market by channel (ORT,Franchise & Ecom), business unit and margin.
- Forecast at article level based on Open-To-Buy (OTB - ORT & ECOM) provided by Manager.
- To support and aligned on the given budget is invested to achieve targets by effective use of range planning in the market.
- To support on the implementation of Benchmark and KPIs on productivity and sell thru.
- Support and Implement product mix according to share of concept stores vs factory outlets, share of categories & distributions, gender mix both ORT & ECOM.
- To review and implement right buying analysis by categories for DTC & FRS.
- Support our franchise partners to ensure their sell in buy is qualitative by giving them right range recommendation per store based on SEAPAC Product planning seasonal strategy guideline.
- Monitor our franchise store merchandising status in regular basis and guide them properly to be aligned with SEAPAC direction & Key Responsibilities Function.
- Support improvements in Allocation and Replenishment (A&R) techniques with HUB - ORT & Franchise.
- Support to oversee the optimal flow of merchandise incl. fulfilment of product/marketing introduction deadlines/capacity planning.
- Review and define the methodology and support in the implementation of option and space management in the market.
- Support and jointly work with Store Operations to ensure grading/option plan is in line with space management (pre-season).
- Steer and support the enhancement of all product planning systems and tools to suit world class merchandising practise.
- Support to implement key product planning reports that help evaluate the business goals and ensure findings are considered in strategy establishment.
- Provide fact-based product input and feedback for internal/external stakeholders. (Pre and Post Season input will be needed.)
- Support to review size ratios for the new season and take necessary corrective action prior to order placement.
- To support on regular analysis of competitor activity and prepare a comprehensive report to the SEAPAC Centralized Team (pre-, in- and post-season).
- To support on analysis sales report and take necessary action.
- Support in validating opportunities and challenges for Product Planning in the environment of Product Planning strategies to maximize the Business profitability.
- To support and follow up on end of season stocks management (PLC).
- Fulfilment of product/marketing introduction deadlines/capacity planning.
- Coordinate all Store Openings/Closings/ Remodels as the single point of contact for all other departments within market.
- Obtain knowledge of product planning and merchandising best practice, techniques and process.
- To support and monitor in-season chase model (SPEED,ISC,PR) that is well managed to measure and source reactivity in season with Director Product Planning.
- Analyse SVP-Store Visits Pack prior to store visits. Store visits as needed and advised by the business (expected ratio office/travel is 60%/40%).
- Full price ST & Full Price Net sales mix
- Category , divsions , concept and gender share of business; margin and bottomline, NPS
- Category , Divisions , Gender and Concept share of business
- Standard Margin - Cash (or%)
- Terminal Stock/Pull Out
- Cost of Reductions - Markdowns
- Inventory Day Lasting Or Stock Turns
Requisite Education and Minimum Qualifications
- University degree in business, ideally with marketing and sales focus or equivalent professional experience
- Merchandising Experience: 3 years
- Fluent skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia (Malay), Cantonese/Mandarin language skills a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Business Accumen
- Category know how - products, ranges, market trends
- strong analytical mind set - detail and numbers oriented
- influencing skills
- big picture thinking
- process and system understanding
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.