At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
adidas.com and reebok.com are our flagship stores, the most visible presentations of our products and our brands in the world. Our brands are admired around the world, and play an important role, the ideal candidate must have an eye for the role which brand content can play in creating the best destination to browse, locate and buy our products. As digital design is ever changing we need a strong front-end designer who is able to help us create a future proof way of working on the digital realm. This role works in the global user experience design team working closely together with the UX team, IT and campaign delivery to create a consistent and fast experience across our platforms and has responsibility for creating and maintaining a consistent front-end (foundation) framework for the adidas and Reebok online businesses, establishing and applying proven front-end standards across our .com experiences. This role takes an active lead role in the adidas and Reebok UX community, establishing common methodologies, and partnering with other UX/development experts to bring this to life across our online experiences.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
1. Front-end leadership from a design perspective.
- Create and maintain a foundation framework based on best practices that can be used for adidas and Reebok digital platform
- Work closely with our IT partners to reduce time to deliver designs
- Work closely with UX and UI designers to visualise complex concepts into working HTML prototypes for user testing or A/B testing purposes
- Help the development of the UX/UI designers front-end skills
2. Govern front-end performance on the adidas and Reebok platforms.
- Work closely with IT to make sure the designs are properly implemented to the platform.
- Create and document front-end design principles in our global digital experiences guidelines.
- Guide campaign delivery teams on how to use our foundation and adapt the foundation to meet their needs.
3. Motion design
- Take the lead in animating our UI, work closely with the UX and UI designers to build the principles and make sure they are implemented consistently throughout our foundation.
4. Serve as a front-end design expert in the organization
- Conceptualize, design and define user experiences and interactions for maximum impact that can be applied across our online experiences.
- Create and share best practices.
- Be the go-to-person for front-end design topics within bigger projects/agile teams.
- Be an evangelist of the vision of front-end design.
- Support our back-end developers with QA on front-end code
Day to day responsibilities :
- Create and maintain the front-end foundation
- Introduce, develop and ensure best front-end design, processes and communicate quality expectations organizationally
- Lead world class user interfaces that support and reinforce our brand, product vision and business objectives
- Collaborate effectively with a multi-disciplinary team to evaluate front-end projects
- Support working knowledge of HTML and CSS for UX and UI designers
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Experience in a vibrant Front End development team
- Extensive CSS3 (LESS/SASS)
- Strong knowledge of front-end performance
- Commercial AngularJS experience
- Exposure to UI/UX Design desirable
- Great communication skills and used to work and integrate in a team environment
- Passionate about the latest technology
- Able to take ownership
- Quality in all your work
- Strong “can do” spirit with a proactive approach. Ready to roll sleeves up and get the job done
- Ability to work within a cross-functional, matrixed organization where indirect influence is as important as direct oversight in driving tactical execution.
- Tremendous curiosity and drive towards “what’s next”, the ability to anticipate trends.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in graphics, architecture, or related fields
- Functional expert in front-end design and front-end frameworks
- 8+ years of progressive experience as front-end designer
- Good understanding of mobile business and practices
- Strong ability to effectively communicate complex or controversial topics to a wide and diverse audience
- Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships with the Group