At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Corporate Real Estate (CRE) is responsible for the active management of the global CRE Portfolio including transaction, all design and construction for offices, showrooms and DC’s for adidas. This support the successfully implementation of “Creating the New” by supporting revenue growth, portfolio optimization and creating great workplaces to attract and retain top talent across the globe. To ensure a successful and sustainable Portfolio, CRE is collaborating with an extensive network of internal / external stakeholders and industry experts and providing value added service.
In this role you are expected to lead teams, manage and deliver mid-scale Corporate Real Estate projects or sub elements of larger-scale projects on a local or global level across brands and respective functions within the boundaries of time, cost & quality while focusing on the customers’ expectations and requirements.
- Lead and manage teams to successfully deliver real estate design and construction projects, end-to-end, up to 25M EUR.
- Manage proposal and selection process for design and project management services. Negotiate appropriate contracts.
- Develop and manage construction budgets and schedules for projects.
- Partner with regional Corporate Real Estate Managers and local business units for the development of financial analyses and Capital Appropriation Requests.
- Work with local business units and regional Corporate Real Estate Managers to develop the annual Capital Budget.
- Compile, analyse and prepare data from different tools for reports.
- Implement and ensure compliance to CRE policy and project management standards.
- Manage the change management approach for respective project and ensure changes are smoothly and successfully implemented to achieve lasting benefits.
- Finalize all activities across the projects to formally close and hand over the project, ensuring project documents are approved, completed, maintained, and stored appropriately.
- Think globally and x-functionally in order to identify project dependencies and their impact, raise dependency issues with the project sponsor and co-create solutions.
- Form and lead multi-functional project team resources (internals and externals) to deliver and support projects and programs
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocate the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and CRE objectives.
- Corporate Real Estate team
- Respective business function (GWP, GOPS, Finance, HR, Brands, Sales, …)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to coach, guide and manage teams and project teams
- Pro-active (engaging & impact-oriented) mindset, ability to think end-to-end
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with different international cultures
- Business mindset: strong numerical and analytical skills, experience in finance
- Strong experience to manage complex projects on a global level
- Strong experience to work on several projects simultaneously
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation skills (small and large groups) especially when interacting with different levels of business
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
- Fluent English skills (verbal and written)
- Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint),
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or university degree with focus on architecture, construction engineering or construction project management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of work experience and minimum 2 years of experience in the direct management of construction projects including budget control, estimating, design, construction coordination and project scheduling. Professional registration or other advanced training is preferred
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.