At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Advice, Guidance & Technical Planning
- Knows how to design, build, test, deploy, operate and maintain high-scale big and fast data systems.
- Knows how to leverage and even contribute to open source technologies such as Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark, …
- Works using various AWS services (certification not required but beneficial).
- Is a trusted fellow about automate operation, installation, and monitoring of data science ecosystem components in our infrastructure stack.
- Is a trusted partner to the analytics team, data platform engineering team and guide them on using data to make the platform better
Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Maintains awareness of opportunities provided by new technology to address challenges or to enable new ways of working.
- Within own sphere of influence, works to further organisational goals, by the study and use of emerging technologies and products.
- Contributes to briefings and presentations about their relevance and potential value to the organisation.
Systems Development & Integration
- Recommends/designs structures and tools for systems which meet business needs and takes into account target environment, performance security requirements and existing systems.
- Delivers technical visualization of proposed applications for approval by customer and execution by system developers.
- Translates logical designs into physical designs, and produces detailed design documentation.
- Maps work to user specification and removes errors and deviations from specification to achieve user-friendly processes.
- Develops and maintains specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles and a detailed knowledge of database architectures, software and facilities.
- Analyses data requirements to establish, modify or maintain object/data models.
- Evaluates potential solutions, demonstrating, installing and commissioning selected products.
Programming / Software Engineering
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects and documents complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Takes part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Accepts responsibility for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability).
- Creates traceability records, from test cases back to requirements.
- Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services.
- Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools. Interprets, executes and documents complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards.
- Records and analyses actions and results, and maintains a defect register.
- Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary.
- Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project.
- Reports on system quality and collects metrics on test cases. Provides specialist advice to support others.
- Defines the integration build, accepts software modules from software developers, and produces software builds for loading onto the target environment.
- Configures the hardware environment, produces integration test specifications, and conducts tests, recording details of any failures and carrying out fault diagnosis.
Porting / Software Configuration
- Configures software and equipment and tests platform-specific versions of one or more software products.
- Reports the outcome of testing and identifies potential improvements to the process and to the software products according to agreed designs and standards.
Service Design, Transition & Operations
- Contributes to the availability management process and its operation and performs defined availability management tasks.
- Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability.
- Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels.
- Implements arrangements for disaster recovery and documents recovery procedures.
- Conducts testing of recovery procedures.
Service Level Management
- Performs defined tasks to monitor service delivery against service level agreements and maintains records of relevant information.
- Analyses service records against agreed service levels regularly to identify actions required to maintain or improve levels of service, and initiates or reports these actions.
Release and Deployment
- Assesses and analyses release components.
- Provides input to scheduling.
- Carries out the builds and tests in coordination with testers and component specialists maintaining and administering the tools and methods – manual or automatic - and ensuring, where possible, information exchange with configuration management.
- Ensures release processes and procedures are maintained.
- Monitors service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures.
- Applies techniques to control the demand upon a particular resource or service.
Stakeholder & People Management
- Implements stakeholder engagement/ communications plans, including, for example; handling of complaints; problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned; collection and dissemination of relevant information.
- Uses feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
- Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Build the appropriate structure to be able to manage the respective organization effectively, identify and develop the future talents and create realistic succession scenarios for key positions
- Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level by creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
Knowledge, Capailities and Experience
- English language (fluent)
- Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result, such that learning is identified and absorbed
- Maintaining focus on agreed objectives and deliverables whatever the circumstances.
- Understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Working co-operatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in Technical / Software Architecture
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Check out this video of the adidas CIO on digital transformation.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.