At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Drives, Executes and Enhances global (above market) Third Party Logistics tender projects to ensure best-in-class cost and service levels for the adidas-Group. In this role the Senior Manager Procurement will Develop, Implement and Utilize innovative, efficient and proven tender concepts / methodologies while ensuring a proper implementation support until services and providers are fully operational.
- Execute global tender projects in line with the market / regional requirements and according to the adidas Group standards, policies and guidelines. Make sure processes, systems and tools are standardized above market.
- Tender Subjects:
- Inbound Transportation: Parcel (Standard, Express), FTL, LTL, Rail
- Outbound Transportation: Ocean Freight, Air Freight, Express Parcel, Trucking, Rail Freight
- 3PL Distribution Center Services: warehousing services, documentation services, customs services
- Other logistics services: origin consolidation services
- Tender Preparation: Data source identification, Data mining, Data analysis, requirements collection, documentation, tender execution process / strategy, alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- Tender Execution: manage 3PL providers during tender phase, manage set tender time lines, execute negotiations, constant communication of tender progress and results
- Tender Finalization: support implementation & change management, set-up contractual framework, develop allocation recommendations, align savings calculation method, communicate savings and enable tracking
- Work closely with adidas-Group legal department to set-up contractual framework for all procured transport and logistics services
- Manage standardized / non-standardized contract requirements in an efficient way and conduct on-the-spot and long term risk analyses with the development and implementation of counter actions
- Conduct ongoing market research on 3PL transportation service provider capabilities, strength and weaknesses – provide a concise overview for communication
- Develop data assessment methodology to enable global transparency on in-/outbound specific transportation data (past and future) and support implementation through in close alignment with the data analytics team
- Contribute to innovative supply chain solutions and support implementation of new services
- Ensure a close collaboration with the 3PL project management team on a day to day basis and provide support during specific project management phases.
- Business Case support for new/innovative logistics solutions
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Pro-active mind-set, ability to think end-to-end
- Ability to be self-directed while working under tight deadlines
- Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with different international cultures
- Business- and solution-oriented, global mind-set
- Strong experience in managing international in-/outbound tender initiatives, including change management, implementation and savings tracking
- Deep knowledge of the international logistics inbound market (Ocean Freight, Air Freight, Express Parcel, Trucking, Rail Freight)
- Deep knowledge of the international logistics outbound market (Parcel (Standard, Express), FTL, LTL, Rail)
- Deep knowledge in distribution center operations and other logistics areas like origin consolidation services
- Very good procurement project management skills - experience in / ability to manage (multiple) global procurement projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills and database knowledge required – methodical as well as tool based (MS Excel, SQL, databases)
- Ability to assess requirements, identify main cost drivers and translate into service levels
- Possess team attitude with highly developed, customer-focused service delivery skills and good cultural awareness
- Financial and legal affiliated
- Able to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo; drive change
- Good communication skills in spoken and written English, other language is a plus
- Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on SCM, Engineering, Business Administration, IT and/or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years progressive work experience in procurement, supply chain management in mid- to large international companies
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.