At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
To ensure the delivery of sustainable and profitable retail market share growth in Pacific operating within the parameters of the Global Retail CoE SLA by:
- Meeting or exceeding agreed net sales and profitability targets.
- Leading by example on the development of a trading and service culture within the retail back office (RBO) and field teams
- Motivating and inspiring the Market field and retail back office (RBO) teams to meet or exceed commercial goals and KPI’s, and build Brand equity
- Supporting the Retail Director and acting as “first amongst equals” with peer group to deliver a joined-up world-class retail business
- Implementing, driving and ensuring compliance with agreed Global Retail CoE processes and standards for field and RBO operations
- Developing and executing local retail relevant and specific processes in close cooperation with the Global Retail CoE
- Inspirationally lead retail stores to a world-class position by focusing on the 5 P’s: People, Product, Premises, Processes and Profit.
- Coach and develop Multi-Store Managers to ensure high-quality Multi-Store Management performance and to build a talent pool for higher Operations roles.
- Ensure a leading shopping experience and continuously maximise profitability from the store portfolio, in conjunction with key stakeholders, including the Retail Director and the Global Retail CoE.
- Manage and control operational expenses (OPEX) in line with the Market retail budget.
- Make recommendations to the Retail Director on commercial opportunities at Market level by analysing retail KPI’s and local retail trends and needs.
- Create and drive a high-performance culture across the Market by setting clear expectations and targets (using the SHINE Training process) analysing stores’ performance, holding Multi-Store Managers accountable and giving appropriate and prompt feedback.
- Adhere to Global standards for all retail training, marketing, visual merchandising, SHINE and other store related activities, and monitor/evaluate established processes to guarantee stores’ full compliance.
- Identify and communicate Market needs and best practices to the Retail Director and the Global Retail CoE.
- Implement all functional components of the adidas Group retail business model (logistics, IT, reporting, staff deployment planning, SHINE and adidas Group Retail University) in partnership with the respective functions and in line with Global Retail CoE standards.
- Drive compliance with all Global Retail CoE standards, taking Market requirements into account, unless legally prohibited from doing so.
- At local/market discretion
- Retail Director
- Global Retail Centre of Excellence (CoE)
- Market Retail team including:
- Retail Back Office (RBO) team (within both Lead and Multifunctional Markets)
- Multi-Store Managers
- Store Managers and their Store teams
- Market Senior Management team
- Franchise Manager (if applicable)
- Retail Finance Controller
- Retail HR Manager
- Retail Training Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills, with a minimum of 4 years’ experience of leading multi-store retail teams
- Excellent communication skills including impactful presentation skills, influencing and negotiating and change management
- Advanced numeracy and literacy, with good IT skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Geographical mobility
- Fluency in English and local language of Market HQ
Requisite Education and Experience/Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in business (ideally with marketing and sales focus) or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the retail and trade marketing Industry, ideally in apparel/fashion/shoes or FMCG, with an operational background and working across different countries
How do I apply?
- Press the "Apply" button and follow the instructions
- You will be required to fill out the online applications forms, and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter which addresses all above candidate requirements
- Applications which do not attach a cover letter which addresses the job requirements specific to adidas will not be considered.
- Applications will only be accepted through the steps above
- Please note that due to the high volume of applications adidas receives, we will be unable to respond to all individual inquiries.
adidas Retail Careers http://www.adidasretailjobs.com/
adidas Jobs http://adidas-group.jobs/
Please note applicants must have permanent legal rights to work in Australia. No Relocation or Visa support is offered for these roles
Please note part of adidas Pacific’s recruitment process will require external candidates to consent to a pre-employment criminal history check
Note to Agencies: adidas does not accept any unsolicited calls or CV's regarding this role
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.