At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
· Fully accountable for quality, production, manufacturing efficiency targets and Social & Environmental Affairs (SEA) in one or more factories of at least 1 million monthly capacity.
· Lead a production team in one or more factories which have multiple production facilities in different geographically locations (of at least 1Mio pairs monthly capacity) in managing all production process, quality, Manufacturing Excellence, SEA and adidas Group standards implementation.
· Manage operational relationship with the factory production top management to drive best practices across different quality mindsets and cultures of the assigned factories using CI techniques and quality tools.
· Manages the development of cohesive and customer focused production direct reports ensuring that quality is the paramount priority and focus.
· Lead a team and contribute to the achievement of team objectives.
· Give input to issuing directives in production and related supply chain (T2/T3) area.
· Tactical and operational direction setting focus primarily on direct area of responsibility. Influence direction in the production area
· Make day to day decision including those in moderate or high level of complexity within the defined production quality, availability, Manufacturing Excellence (ME), SEA scope.
· Explain standard or directives to HQ (Brand Operations, Quality) and external parties (Factory QIP/Prod Heads) to accept practices, approaches or solutions for the purpose of achieving shared goals (e.g. quality and efficiency.)
· Influence factory (T1 & Supplier T2) production/quality Senior plant Management and drive change to achieve right quality mindset in the responsible factories.
· Senior Sourcing Director, Head of Manufacturing Excellence, Footwear Quality
· Factory General Managers , Factory Heads of Production, Factory Heads of QIP
· 3rd party / external auditing firms (Quality, Lab, SEA, Sustainability, Security, etc…)
· Tier 2 material suppliers-as lead
· Senior Development/Commercialization Manager.
· Other GOPS functions (Brand Operations, Quality, Costing, Planning, SEA, Materials, etc…)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Have a strong Continuous Improvement (CI) and quality mindset. Able to utilize depth of manufacturing knowledge to identify problems and provide solutions.
· Use CI techniques and quality tools to continually improve efficiency and quality standards.
· Actively manage and develop direct reports with a high focus on effective teamwork.
· Coach and support direct reports to further their skills, capability and management competencies.
· Have knowledge and expertise and can support LO/regional based projects within defined scope of production.
· Can lead projects but required training in project management skills.
· Good written and verbal English communication.
· Chinese or Korean (for communication with Factory Prod/QIP heads) a clear advantage.
Requisite Education and Qualifications:
· University degree preferably on shoe making or engineering.
· 5-7 years shoes making or quality experience in Footwear industry.
· Prod or dev/comm background or shoes making / quality experience.
· Potential to develop into manufacturing expert/shoe master in a few years.
· 2-3 years experience in one other function outside Production i.e. Quality, Commercialization, Planning or Development.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.