At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
The Sr. Manager PR leads and drives short and long-term PR strategies and toolkits to generate strategic, qualitative brand, category and product exposure for the BU. Uses PR as a strategic, effective, fast, flexible integrated and cost-efficient communication tool in the overall marketing mix.
- Design and lead the integrated PR strategy for the business unit. Drive, oversee or connect to all global and local PR activities.
- Act as a thought-leader in the arena of PR to help provide guidance to the field, working closely with cross-marketing teams to develop stand-out, seamlessly integrated communication and PR concepts.
- Work closely with Brand Marketing (Communications, Digital, Social and Retail) and Product teams to deliver results-oriented strategies and programs that increase consumer and trade awareness of adidas brand messaging, campaigns, products, technologies, innovations and events.
- Establish and maintain key relationships with media and global partnerships. Create an advocate network (bloggers, etc.) within category landscape.
- Provide relevant media outlets and adidas subsidiaries with innovative cross-channel PR strategies, compelling story ideas, clear messaging and exciting tools (e.g. photography, press kits, releases, interviews and briefing documents).
- Steer and lead the development of communication and PR tools from concept to activation, ensuring that all projects are on time, within budget and on brief.
- Proactive member of the business unit Brand Marketing and wider PR team, contributing to the alignment, integration and media relevancy of activations, products and concepts. Ensure, coordinate and contribute to the global consistency of the overall adidas brand media message.
- Lead and organize media events (press conferences, interview sessions, media days) celebrating business unit products, campaigns and athletes / assets.
- Contribute to product and communications teams to improve media relevancy and newsworthiness to products and concepts.
- Steer and track the implementation and results of global PR activations and tools, developing summary and conclusion reports.
Knowledge, Experience and Capabilities
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills and high level of strategic thinking.
- Experience in marketing campaign development and execution.
- Ability to manage and / or collaborate with internal and external cross-functional groups: product marketing, communications, social, digital and retail.
- Solid understanding of consumer messaging and brand reputation.
- Affinity with cross-channel PR and a strong background in strategy, media relations, journalism / writing and digital PR / social media.
- Broad understanding of and passion for the sports and fashion/entertainment industry.
- Strong written and verbal, presentation and organizational skills
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, PR or a related field. Master Degree / MBA a plus.
- 6+ years’ industry and / or relevant work experience.
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills.