At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Support formulation and drive implementation of the A&G mid- and long term sourcing strategy and communicating to key stakeholders
- Ensure adidas Group A&G product needs are supplied and meeting market demand with a high degree of supply chain efficiency
- Develop concept to manage and plan capacity peaks in event years
- Support development and drive implementation and constant evolution of A&G sourcing strategy
- Ensure that the capacity growth within the T1 and T2 base meets the needs of the brands for the future seasons working closely with Sourcing Directors, Development and Business Units
- Manage the development and production allocation process and initiate product and/or category transfers (as appropriate) to achieve optimal service and cost levels to the brands while maintaining a healthy trading environment for suppliers
- Drive improvements in availability key metrics (PDP, MDP, DOL, etc.), support level loading efforts and take trade restrictions into account when allocating
- Build strong relationships with GSP (go-to person for planning questions within A&G).
- Be the functional lead for planning teams within LO’s. Build best practice within the LO’s and ensure that standards of people/process and training are improved and consistent
- Build a holistic reporting framework for allocation / planning related topics
- Provide clear guidance to his/her staff members as well as to the corresponding functional Planning network
- A&G Sourcing Senior Management
- Directors Sourcing Operations
- LO Planning teams
- Global Planning
- Development & Business Units
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good understanding of sporting goods and related industries
- Understanding of supply chain processes
- Strong analytical skills with ability to influence Senior Management through sound quantitative analysis / facts.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to trade-off conflicting interests / targets in a complex environment
- Good knowledge of standard Software applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English, knowledge of another language an advantage.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University or college degree
- 6-8 years working experience in the sporting goods industry, project management and/or planning experience of advantage.
- Management experience in multinational companies.