At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Build up Outsourced Warehouse capability, capacity and oversee Outsourced Warehouse operations to provide superior services to China market.
- Achieve SLA to customers, satisfy business requirements and meet financial targets, whilst ensuring cost control within agreed budget.
- Lead in developing Outsourced Warehouse vision and mission. Set performance goals and KPI.
- Ensure an effective product flow through all areas of the warehouse at all times.
- Fulfil all of the customer orders on time in full at Outsourced Warehouse; offer feedback to Outsourced Warehouse Planning for optimization of allocating resources (Material Handling Equipment, labour)
- Drive Outsourced Warehouse strategy implementation and key initiatives.
- Plan and build up Outsourced Warehouse capability of all required service models (wholesale, retail, e-com, returns and re-distribution) and capacity (storage and throughput)
- Improve productivity/cost continuously to meet current and future business requirements
- Build up Outsourced Warehouse team with customer/consumer-orientation, and required professional skillset
Outsourced Warehouse Operations Management
- Develop and optimize Outsourced Warehouse work processes and WMS to meet business objectives.
- Maintain working knowledge of key business systems like ERP and WMS
- Oversee productivity and accuracy of Outsourced Warehouse operations, including receiving/put away, slotting, internal replenishment, picking, packing, A-grade and D-grade returns handling, sample management, as well as inventory and process control
- Manage external warehouse management, including 3PL selection and contracting
- Benchmark with the best-in-class in industry in service level, productivity and cost control. Lead in Root-cause analysis and corrective actions to drive continuous improvement in reaching operations excellence.
- Share best practice with warehousing leaders in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- Comply with all safety and health regulations, by reinforcing daily execution
- To ensure smooth and accurate daily operation from the outsourced warehouse to pursuit 100% fulfilment of online customer orders.
- Lead initiatives in improving the warehouse operation process and flow so as to provide differentiated service compare to our competitors.
- To manage and drive rework for customer/Channel returns, thus labelling knowledge and experience is required.
- To lead /involve the service improvement projects;
- To provide engineering study/solution;
- Manage Outsourced Warehouse budget and re-forecast, with cost/benefit analysis
- Oversee labour utilization and efficiency
HR Management; Training and Development
- Hire, train and coach Outsourced Warehouse managers and core members.
- Set people development plans with direct reports/critical talents; track, review and provide developing opportunities targeting to individual needs
- Establish backups for critical positions and succession plan.
- Warehouse Planning, OBF, Inbound Logistics, PO, HR/Admin, IT, Finance, SCI/LO/factories, BP&O, CSD, Own Retail, global Operations/CoE Logistics, other global functions
- Customers, 3PL, vendors, local government
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong project management skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams from concept to implementation
- Effective communication skills to motivate a management team and a large workforce, as well as working across functions and with external parties (internal and external customers, 3PL, local government and authorities).
- Understanding industry trend and dynamic business requirements to timely provide solutions to business.
- Utilization of best-in-class practice as benchmark to make continuous improvement and reach operations excellence on service level, productivity, and cost against competition.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or above is required in technical field
- Ability to communicate fluently in both Mandarin and English.
- Minimum 15-year experience in warehouse management, including 3+ years in managing an automated/semi-automated, large-scale distribution facility, with in-depth knowledge of warehouse operations and broad experience in people management.
- Minimum 8 years in managing a large work force of both office staff and blue-color workers
- Solid experience in selecting and managing 3PLs.
- Experience in systems and processes optimization.
- Good knowledge in warehouse operation and process/flow/warehouse design;
- Good knowledge in warehouse EHS/5S and Lean Tools for operation and quality improvement.
- Proven track record in project management
- Sensitivity to data analysis which is support decisive solution;
- Skills with an emphasis on communications both externally and internally across multiple functions.
- Self-motivated and open-minded, to strive for operational excellence
- Strong ownership and willing to embrace the challenge and change
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.