At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
This position has the responsibility for ensuring that infrastructure information technology supports current and future business requirements in Market Japan in a user friendly and cost effective way. This position reports in equal terms to the IT Director Markets Japan.
- Responsible for any user related incident or service request escalation as a Market Incident Manager
- Responsible for local Infrastructure Operations in Market Japan for 1800 number of IT users in Japan, with 1 office location, 1 warehouse location and 110 retail stores
- Responsible for ITSCM and IT compliance for local infrastructure services (e.g. antivirus, license management, incident management, disaster recovery)
- Responsible for supporting IT Security Assessment, and PCI Assessment
- Provide governance to local IT organization based upon global HW / SW / process / solution standards
- Management of local infrastructure budget and control of global infra allocations
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing local infrastructure services according to global / regional / local Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Managing local infra team and local infra service contracts
- SPOC from market to region / HQ for regional/global infra service
- OLA control, continues service improvement, escalations, demand request management
- SPOC for local IT team for any Infrastructure service related change requests and demand
- Act as a proactive, reliable and trusted IT contact to the key country and Market Japan business partners
- Implementation of local infrastructure projects according to global/regional standards
- Support standardization and consolidation projects to improve infrastructure operations efficiency
- Responsible for IT infrastructure budget and cost controlling (transparency, forecasts, actuals)
- Manage internal relationships with the GIT Headquarter and Shared Service Center teams who provide shared infrastructures services
- Actively target and evaluate areas for potential quality improvement based on market business requirements while continuing to achieve cost efficiency
- Identify and drive IT innovations and IT solutions
- Manage external and service provider relationships
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of methods and techniques applied in IT infrastructure operations environment
- Ability to translate business requirements into cost efficient (IT) solutions
- Experience in managing and leading small/medium sized IT projects
- Budgeting and financial management skills
- Technical proficiency and awareness (ITIL/MCP/MCSE/CNE/disaster recovery)
- Experience in personnel management
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to develop and nurture good relationships with other parts of IT as well with business
- Travel: up to 25%
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Educated to at least degree level in a Business-Computing related subject or comparable qualification.
- 5-7 years of work experience within international IT environments, including several years in management positions. Experience required in IT Service and Project Management
- Very good in English and in Japanese both written and spoken
- Internal business customers
- Global IT, market and global (HQ) colleagues, including infrastructure.
- IT vendors, contractors
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.