At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Direct Reporting Line: Director eCom & Bus Dev EM S
Indirect/secondary reporting line: none
Subsidiary/country: EM South
Location: Cape Town
GSMS Grade: M3
Personnel Managed: Yes
Cost Center/Budget and/or Revenue Responsibility: Yes
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
Building a best in class eCommerce capability to deliver superior customer experience through an improved presence in, and control over the channel. Build an ecosystem for the future that can deliver a seamless omni-channel experience to the customer, while preserving the brand value.
- Support ECom Director in building strategies, aligned with DTC head, and operationally manage special projects geared towards enhancing the Consumer experience (Premium, Connected, Personalized)
- Drive and implement eCommerce strategy for EM South.
- eCommerce KPI reporting
- Propose commercial activations by analysing own eCommerce KPI’s and local eCommerce trends and needs.
- Deliver annual e-Com P&L targets by inter-alia,
- Ensuring target alignment with Digital Brand Marketing teams and eCommerce partner to secure annual targets.
- Agreeing seasonal marketing plan and facilitate execution of Digital Brand Marketing campaigns/programming
- Ensure end-to-end operations of eCommerce capabilities through the defined operating model with global Digital Brand Commerce (DBC), eCommerce partner and internal key stakeholders.
- Develop and manage the eCommerce team (2) to accomplish the tasks associated with running adidas / Reebok’s eCommerce online stores ensuring best and accurate presentation of product online, on Retail Intro Date, together with ongoing product availability.
- Directly influence/guide DTC merchandising team on seasonal buying volume/value according to business plan (IBP).
- Manage the business planning (IBP) for eCommerce
- Day to day management of relationship with eCommerce Partner – target setting, target measurement, achievement of agreed project timeline.
- Manage in partnership with DBC the planning, migration and rollout of global solution suite.
- Ensure compliance with global policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines
- DTC team- Merchandising
- Brand Team – EM S team
- SCM Team
- Finance Team
- External Suppliers and Vendors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven leadership skills with an ability to identify, develop and retain talent.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- P&L accountability.
- Strong brand connect
- Collaborative, flexible and open .
- Must be consumer focused.
- Must be tenacious in finding solutions to increase the business, and ambitious in terms of how far, and how fast the channel can grow
- Demonstrated track record for growing, evolving and leading businesses and achieving bottom line results. Strong can do spirit with a proactive approach.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional, matrixed organization where indirect influence is as important as direct oversight in driving tactical execution.
- Tremendous curiosity and drive towards “what’s next”, the ability to anticipate trends.
- Good planning and organization skills to accomplish targets
- Ability to bridge strategic, tactical and operational business concepts and developments by applying an end-to-end Global mindset
- Fluent in written and spoken English is a must. Skills and abilities in other languages are an added plus.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- University Degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or another relative discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in digital/e-Commerce/SCM or other related Commercial discipline
- Google analytics certificates, or related certifications.
- Excellent MS Office Skills, middle - advanced level for MS Access preferred
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.