This global role in the global sales department is responsible for maximizing the profitability of adidas group markets through implementing new as well as improving existing system & process projects in DTC. The focus of this role is on defining Merchandise Financial Planning strategy for Direct to Consumer Channels and executing against it through a diverse project portfolio.
- Manage and being responsible for the implementation of defined Merchandise
- Planning projects and governance of implemented solutions.
- Act as DTC voice in Planning discussions with key stakeholders and provide input and direction as required
- Define Merchandise Planning roadmap with markets and other functions for the adidas group
- Create awareness of benefits of integrated tactical and operational planning (mainly around IBP and TRADE in Finance, Merchandising and SCM) across the organization
- Liaise with markets to share best practices and offer consultation
- Drive change management within the organization including documentation of knowledge/processes and creation of training materials.
- Manage internal stakeholders across the organization
- Work in cross-functional teams, lead decision taking, be pragmatic
- Support Program management and Senior Leadership team with regular project updates
- Maintain expertise of Merchandise Planning enhancements by monitoring the industry, networking with partners, and keeping a pulse check of internal adidas initiatives relate to Merchandise Planning
- Manage external vendors
- Other duties as requested by your manager
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience:
- Retail Merchandise Planning(Financial, Ranging or Buying) knowledge
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to move seamlessly between IT and business domains are essential.
- Track record of successful project experience and issue management
- Exposure to Advanced analytics or predictive methods in planning
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate as well as an ability to engage and influence others within an organization.
- Ability to work with limited oversight and to meet deadlines in a complex and changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Retail Process & Systems experience
- Good understanding of IT process and IT implementation methods is a plus
- Advanced MS Office skills (Visio, Powerpoint, Excel etc.)
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Additional languages are an advantage
- University degree
- Six Sigma or PMI certificate is a plus
- Functional/industry experiences: ideally in apparel/fashion/shoes or FMCG.
- Exposure: Retail Merchandising, Finance, Supply Chain, IT, Change Management, Forecasting and Advanced Analytics
- 6 - 8 years relevant work experience