At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of management reporting, including presentations, and for financial analysis on an ad-hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Provides meaningful reporting and high level of analysis on performance against plan to help drive business growth targets. Develop analytic tools to provide accurate and efficient reports with a focus on identifying opportunities while adjusting to dynamically changing corporate strategies.
- Prepare insightful financial analysis of business results against the strategic plan, budget, and forecast; evaluate performance to both internal and external benchmarks
- Facilitate and maintain the integrity of the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process, including the input of these figures into Global financial reporting tools
- Support the CFO and senior management with financial analysis, ad-hoc reporting, long-term strategic planning, and executive level presentations
- Manage and participate in cross functional projects as required
- Contribute to the development of standardized best practice reporting and control methods
- Develop and maintain databases, tables and processes to automate reports and analysis. Extract data from various internal systems and sources.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, cross functional business leaders, and peers, including non-financial professionals
- Demonstrated analytical skills, most notably strong financial statement analysis capabilities; financial modelling a plus
- Detail oriented, able to prioritize workload to accomplish multiple assignments under tight timelines
- Advanced skills in Excel; strongly proficient skills in Word, PowerPoint, Access, and SAP (or other ERP software), IBM Cognos TM1 or other enterprise planning software a plus
- Ability to think cross functionally, join data from various sources, and draw meaningful conclusions/develop innovative solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot and define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions in order to find a solution
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, challenging environment
- Ability to travel domestically
- Sporting goods industry and adidas business knowledge preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. MBA preferred
- 5 – 7 years related experience and/or training
- Industry specific experience preferred
- Solid accounting skills and experience preferred
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.