At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
- Develop and steer the strategy and marketing direction for the respective area (App) across functions according to the overarching sub-brand and BU direction.
- Steer the BU vision, strategic objectives/actions and the financial targets.
- Monitor Apparel product financials (sell-in-/ sell-through-rates, number of articles, volumes per article) and initiate business development action for the respective BU.
- Steer and lead the creation teams across Creation Centers to ensure proper implementation of the Brand & BU strategies.
- Establish close work relationship with the BU GTM team to deliver holistic and unified concepts for the specific BU.
- Work closely with the General Manager (GM) of BU to build short-, mid- and long term business plans.
- Set targets to achieve BU apparel goals and manage the turnovers for the defined BU product range.
- Establish a close working relationship with the respective category in the markets.
- Act as a cross-functional marketing team captain for the respective BU.
- Lead and steer the apparel product creation process in close relationship with Design, Development and Costing.
- Identify business opportunities and risks; respond to them by initiating key action steps with relevant BU functions and x-functional partners.
- Drive business relevant initiatives to support e-Commerce and own retail in their mid-/long-term goals through close working relationships.
- Integrate all relevant units in the strategy planning and Go-To-Market phases (Design, Development, ait, Brand Marketing, Sports Marketing, CTC)
- Staff most suitable persons in direct report positions in alignment with HR.
- Set personal objectives, guidelines and assess all direct reports.
- Develop functional and social skills of direct reports on and off the job.
- Manage all reports as an integrated team by setting objectives, targets and guidelines to ensure smooth cooperation of all direct reports along all interfaces.
- Identify and prepare talents in the respective Business Unit for career progression within the adidas organization.
- Senior Director and Category Directors within BU
- Concept to Consumer (CTC)
- Design & Operations Team
- Brand and Sports Marketing
- Sr. Directors/Category Directors in Markets
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Inspire, coach and lead; set framework for performance and growth
- Extensive knowledge of Sport/Style Industry including a vision of future opportunities and challenges
- Strong communication skills
- Strategic minded with strong executional abilities
- Excellent presentation skills
- Lead change management
- Excellent English knowledge
- Graduate level Marketing
- Min. 9 years of progressive experience in SGI on management level
- Min. 4 years leadership of diverse & global teams in a matrix organization
- Proven track record in Marketing
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.