At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The eCommerce Sr. Director in Japan reports directly the VP DTC adidas Japan and works cross-functionally with the Global e-Comm team. He/she manages a team of direct reports including: Internet Marketing Manager; Merchandising Manager; User Experience Manager in addition to several third party agencies that support the business. The eCommerce Sr. Director leads the ecommerce business for the Japan adidas and Reebok brands. The position is accountable for driving sales, profit, and strategy of the online business to ensure alignment with overall corporate objectives and channel strategies. This includes providing overall direction for merchandising, marketing, customer service, user experience and creative resources. He/ She is responsible for the management of ecommerce operations and business plans to achieve profitable growth objectives and for helping drive the vision, mission and strategic direction of adidas Group’s global eCommerce business.
- Develop, manage, and motivate the eCommerce team to accomplish the tasks associated with running adidas / Reebok’s eCommerce business. Primary to this role, they will make recommendations on how to best structure and build the organization to achieve the desired financial, operational, creative and customer service objectives.
- Leverage experience and expertise in understanding the category, the competition, the target customer, and brand specific trends.
- Directly influence the merchandising organization in translating customer, competitor and product merchandise knowledge into action.
- Ensure applicable and appropriate merchandise is offered and presented on the website consistent with adidas / Reebok brand standards. This includes ensuring product alignment with merchandise presented in stores.
- Ensure creative elements support brand campaigns
- Provide technical, operational and creative direction to offer a best-in-class consumer site experience.
- Evaluate and make recommendations in regards to vendor selection for ecommerce marketing, resources, tools, etc. to achieve desired financial objectives
- Determine and deliver strategies to promote the brand through a variety of tactics including SEM, SEO, email marketing, direct marketing, and online and social media
- Collaborate with internal partners to maximize, grow and evolve the ecommerce business. This includes coordinating activities associated with marketing and creative resources, operations and technical resources, and Human Resources for assessing and building the right talent to support the site.
- Ensure integrity of the adidas / Reebok brands in all facets of the site and that the eCommerce business model supports an aligned brand vision.
- Ensure co-ordination between all sections of the business to ensure promotional and price alignment etc.
Head of Retail,
Head of Sales,
Heads of Marketing
Global eComm team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of management experience with P&L responsibility and understanding of financial/operational metrics in an e-Commerce environment
- 5+ years interactive merchandising or marketing experience. Demonstrated understanding of successfully implementing and utilizing online marketing techniques.
- Demonstrated track record for growing, evolving and leading high volume businesses and achieving bottom line results. Strong can do spirit with a proactive approach.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional, matrixed organization where indirect influence is as important as direct oversight in driving tactical execution.
- Proven leadership skills with an ability to identify, develop and retain talent.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Tremendous curiosity and drive towards “what’s next”, the ability to anticipate trends.
- 7+ years minimum work experience on the ground in Japan if not a Japanese national with demonstrable ability to be successful in the market
Requisite Education and Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering, or business. Advanced degree preferred.
- Outlook Advanced
- Word Advanced
- Excel Advanced
- PowerPoint Middle-Advanced
- English / Japanese (written and spoken)
- Fully conversant with Japanese based web environment
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.