At our Global Headquarters in Massachusetts, we’re not defined by a sport or a season, but by a way of life. From early morning runs to lunchtime workouts to biking and hiking through the local Blue Hills Reservation, fitness is what wakes us up in the morning, what we think about all day and what drives us toward tomorrow. Our state-of-the-art headquarters is equipped with a three-story Fitness & Wellness Center, outdoor sports fields, CrossFit box, barber shop, a gourmet cafeteria, and discounted employee store. Located right outside of Boston, we are a short drive to New England’s beaches and mountains, making it a premier place to work and play.
We are looking for talented designers for our paid 1-year post-graduate training program (Apprenticeship) for 2017. This program will provide graduates with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in assisting our Design teams. Apprentices will learn what it is like working for an exciting Global Design organization and will be part of a dynamic team charged with creating innovation for the Reebok brand.
The Concept + Color Design Apprentice will support the Color & Trend team with various tasks including trend research, design preparations, technical specification creation and color selections in accordance to our design seasons
- Create trend/story boards under the guidance of staff designers
- Assist the categories in completing colorways/material packages for individual projects
- Create or revise tech/spec packages for footwear, apparel and graphics under the guidance of a designer
- Contribute design ideas/concepts to new products designs
- Valuable exposure to the exciting and dynamic Reebok product creation process
- Professional development including meetings with business leaders and human resources
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of adobe illustrator
- Good computer skills in general, and strong Mac skills
- Good researching skills
- Ability to create image and concept boards
- Good time management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to follow instructions but also proactive to propose new ideas and solutions
1. Recent or up-and-coming graduates from a 4-year college or university (Bachelors and/or Masters). Graduation date must be between December 2016 and June 2017 .
2. Students majoring in Product, Industrial, Fashion, Apparel, Graphic, Illustration, Furniture, and/or Transportation Design
3. Solid sketching, rendering and visualization skills and strong knowledge of Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop
4. Team oriented individual who can also work well independently
5. Passion for our brand and industry
6. Must be fluent in English
7. International candidates: We accept recent graduates from international locations. All candidates are responsible for obtaining their own J-1 or F-1 OPT visa before the start of the program along with the costs associated with the visa.