At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
For adidas, eCommerce is a key strategic priority with an ambitious annual sales goal of more than €700M by 2020 and the overall objective to build a further successful pillar of our commercial business model besides Retail and Wholesale.
eCommerce has seen tremendous growth over the last 2 years and is fully on track to achieve its Route 2020 targets.
The project manager eCommerce will manage and deliver small–mid size eCommerce projects (< € 200k), significant RFCs or sub-elements of mid-scale projects on a local or global level across brands and respective functions within the boundaries of time, cost & quality while focusing on the customers’ expectations and requirements.
- Lead and manage to successfully deliver the assigned project or RFC, end-to-end, ideally through applying PMI methodology effectively
- Ensure full understanding of project scope to be able to design detailed project plans
- Stakeholder Communication and managing expectations throughout the project delivery
- Manage the execution and completion of the defined project plan by effectively coordinating people and resources
- Monitor and highlight any project variables (cost, effort, scope, etc.) against the project plan and make suggestions to implement corrective or preventative actions
- If required, support any changes for the respective project and ensure changes are smoothly and successfully implemented to achieve lasting benefits
- Finalize all activities across the projects to formally close and hand over the project, ensuring project documents are approved, completed, maintained and stored appropriately
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Business and domain knowledge
- Business mindset: very good numerical and analytical skills
- Experience in managing projects on a global level. Ideal candidate would have managed ecommerce and digital projects.
- Ecommerce enthusiast
- Vision and strategic mind-set with the ability to sell ideas
- Ability to cope well with ambiguity and uncertainty and to quickly adapt to changing business processes and business partners
- Ability to lead, influence and gain cooperation from individuals without solid reporting line
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with different international cultures
- Pro-active (self-motivated & impact-oriented) mindset, ability to think end-to-end
- ability to manage multiple projects while being detail oriented
- Excellent stakeholder management. Ability to negotiate and influence will be paramount to success
- Excellent problem solving skills – able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to various technical and business issues
- Excellent MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation skills (small and large groups), especially when interacting with different levels of business
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal. Any European languages will be an added advantage.
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- 4 years of College or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education
- 3-4 years of experience in eCommerce
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in project management
- Industry specific experience preferred
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.