At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Provide legal support for the adidas business, with a strong emphasis on performing trademark clearance along with other intellectual property work, and administrative and legal support for the North American Trademark team, including organization and maintenance of filing systems and interacting with outside providers and partners.
- Perform trademark clearance for products (including names, designs, graphics) and marketing clearance against third-party rights.
- Advise the businesses on graphics and product designs and names, including compliance with internal trademark guidelines.
- Perform research on trademark issues.
- Assist legal team in performing infringement and counterfeiting investigations.
- Develop proficiency with product details.
- Assist in developing reports and presentations, drafting basic legal documents, compiling evidence, and organizing/maintaining databases and legal files.
- Perform administrative support for the team including organizing travel and schedules, processing expense reports, and managing invoicing.
- Legal team
- Marketing and Design business units
- Outside service providers
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intellectual property experience
- Ability to provide strong customer service, demonstrate understanding of client’s needs and willingness to serve
- Ability to work in a fast paced department; ability to manage tight timelines
- Proficient in the internet
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, a must
- Self motivated; ability to work independently and with initiative but can also work as a team.
- Strong skills in research and investigation
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Trademark clearance experience
- Advanced MS Office skills and photo-editing skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Paralegal Certificate a plus, but not required
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.