At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
- Provides leadership and direction to team of Technicians to ensure compliance to adidas-Salomon AG quality standards and produce desired results.
- Coordinates Technician team so Liaison Office work process is supported by availability of technical testing needed to produce goods according to customer requirements.
- Supports the timely resolution of technical issues according to adidas-Salomon AG standards in order to achieve quality and delivery objectives.
- Implements best practices and the introduction of new processes and technologies to support continuous improvement in quality.
- Identifies all Liaison Office Technician staffing requirements and ensures all positions are staffed with qualified individuals.
- Provides direction for testing and adherence to quality standards within Liaison Office in accordance with adidas-Salomon AG and regional standards.
- Assesses and upgrades Technician competencies through the implementation of regional training programs and individual development.
- Uses RMS reporting to coordinate timely testing scheduling and efficient deployment of resources.
- Directs sampling support for Development department as proscribed by current process (i.e., Proto Sample to Size Set Sample).
- Directs technical testing support for Production department within Liaison Office including wash, print and color testing.
- Oversees accurate auditing of care instruction labeling.
- Establishes effective communication between Development and Production, external suppliers and internal business partners to resolve quality problems, including communication of risks to delivery.
- Applies own skills and experience to assist Technicians resolve quality issues during sampling and bulk production, and seeks out the expertise of others as necessary.
- Produces monthly Testing reports and analyzes data to identify opportunities for performance improvements through training and follow-up.
- Implements programs and tools for supplier development to achieve continuous improvement of product quality and production performance.
- Direct supervisory responsibility for Technicians. Collaborative relationship with Quality Team Leader and/or Quality Auditors.
- Internal service provider to Development and Production department as well as partner to HQ Project Management and FAD.
- Key role in providing feedback and direction to suppliers.
- Some interface with Regional Head of Quality Assurance on training and implementation.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to identify issues, analyze facts and make quality decisions.
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Fluent English language skills, both written and spoken.
- Good IT/EDP skills
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum three years experience in textile manufacturing or technologies, preferably within Asia.
- Degree or certificate in Textile Technology or Textile Engineering, or equivalent related technical experience in the areas of color, printing and washing.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.