At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Fully accountable for quality, production, manufacturing efficiency targets and Social & Environmental Affairs (SEA) in one factory of at least 500K monthly capacity.
- Independently manage all production, quality, production planning and SEA aspects of 1 factory (of at least 500K pairs monthly capacity.)
- Manage relationship with factory top management (Head of Production & Head of QIP) but with support from Production Team Leader or Senior Production Manager in implementing CI techniques and quality tools in daily production operations.
- Manage junior team members and contribute considerably to the achievement of team objectives.
- Supervise junior production staffs ensuring that quality is the paramount priority and focus.
- Explain practices and directives to factory QIP/ Production Heads and/or LO teams to achieve shared goals.
- Influence factory production/ quality middle management and drive change to achieve production objectives.
- Make day to day decisions within defined scope (with support on complex issues)
- Account for production area with predefined scope of responsibilities.
- Execute defined directives.
- Factory Production & QIP Floor Manager, Supervisor
- Development Managers
- Quality Department
- ME Department
- Senior Operations Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Have production knowledge and expertise and can provide input into projects.
- Have a strong Continuous Improvement (CI) and quality mindset.
- With minimal input and feedback, can identify problems and provide solutions to complex production issues.
- Can manage direct reports with support from line manager.
- Good written and verbal English communication.
- Chinese or Korean (for communication with Factory Production/ QIP heads) a clear advantage
Requisite Education and Qualifications:
- University degree preferably on shoe making or engineering
- 3-5 years shoes making or quality experience in Footwear industry.
- Prod or dev/comm background
- Shoes making / quality experience
- Good knowledge of shoes manufacturing process
- Practice exposure and min 6-12 months rotation in another function outside Production i.e.Quality, Commercialization, Planning or Development
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.