At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
To build a quality and brand building key account network that is capable of generating sales volume that meet assigned targets. The Key Account Manager must also strive to support adidas vision to become the best sports brand in Malaysia.
Develop a key account sales plan that supports company business plan. Manage the accounts in an efficient, effective, and profitable manner. Develop long term business partnership and relationship with customers. Ensure that budgets, distribution, share of buy, and share of space are in line with company expectation.
- Develop Key account sales plan and strategies to achieve the company’s key account sales target. Ensure that key account sales strategies are aligned with the company vision and direction.
- Provide sales forecast, drive sales volume to meet the agreed targets, execute & follow up each season’s future order sales/shipping plan, manages A/R, maintain comprehensive understanding of each season’s product flow, and update forecast figures consistently and periodically. To clearly understand the product flow, as well as micro & macro selling points (product v. range). Develop & maintain an in-dept awareness of inventory structure. Follow-up sales call.
- Develop excellent long term partnership and relationship with all key account customers. Work closely with them to maximize business growth potential. Expand customer base by studying and exploring new possibilities to extend the market coverage, and maximize sales & profit potentials.
- Report to Senior Management on market intelligence information such as market movement & trends, competitor’s activities, customer feedback, and etc. on a continually basis, and recommend all necessary actions to Senior Manager, Wholesales.
- Manage key account programs effectively. Communicate and coordinate sales development with Trade Marketing Team on a regular basis. Manage trade marketing processes regarding retail development requirements. Develop strong & positive work relationship between key account team and other department.
- Drive operation excellence on the retail segment. Drive sales and profit to its’ full potential. Coach, manage, and develop the best retail team in the sports industry.
- Other assignments as appropriate.
Pre-requisite Knowledge / Skills
- Degree in Business Administration or marketing related field.
- At least 5 years work experience in Sales/ Product Merchandising related field.
- Fluent in English (read & write) and local languages
- Assortment planning
- Good understanding of P&L
- Retail management
- Planning and Organizing
- Advanced training skills, Learning and Self-Development
- Analysis, Forecasting and problem solving
- Negotiation skills, people management and ability to effectively communicate with others
- Manage relationship & diversity
- A passion for and an understanding of sports and the desire to translate this passion into building the adidas sports market in Malaysia
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.