Reporting to the Senior Manager of Editorial Content, the Manager of Editorial Content will be a critical member of the Global Newsroom in service of Reebok’s business units. You are an expert in online storytelling via multimedia and emerging technologies and thrive in the speed and creativity of a digital newsroom or agency. As you lead key storytelling initiatives, you integrate additional teams and digital functions, including ecommerce, social media and earned media to maximize the content you’ve created. You not only have a nose for news, you have an eye for how to tell a striking story in the competitive consumer newsfeed.
- Strategically guide Reebok storytelling, overseeing the development of multimedia content and processes involved in distributing that content across all owned channels.
- Work with creative team to write / produce real-time content that can be used across channel, with media, on ecommerce and in global markets.
- Develop unexpected and creative ways to tell stories that tap into current trends and give people a reason to visit Reebok.com.
- Work closely with ecommerce team to help inform strategies for innovative storytelling that drives consumers to the point of purchase online.
- Develop rich storytelling experiences using Reebok.com content management systems for maximum efficiency.
- Use analytics and reporting for all content to optimize publishing against KPIs.
- Research developments within fitness industry with a careful eye on the social/ecommerce work executed by competitors and aspirational brands.
- North American and International travel as needed to develop stories and creative onsite.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in telling stories through videos, photos and multimedia packages. Ability to craft stories that can live on a variety of channels, including ecommerce sites, social media and earned media.
- Journalistic mindset and passion for uncovering and bringing to life the ‘deeper story’ via multimedia storytelling.
- Excellent project management skills, including experience with content management systems and digital campaign integration.
- Tenacity for trying new types of storytelling and taking creative risks online.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and unrepentant creativity for online storytelling.
- Aptitude for spotting and seizing on cultural and/or industry trends as they happen, informing and supporting digital story development.
- Understands the digital/social space with a keen understanding of the media landscape and ‘white spaces’ where no other brands are willing to go.
- 5+ years digital experience with strong multimedia storytelling projects.
- Experience in journalism and/or content strategy; a supporting portfolio of digital content.
- Experience working within a digital Newsroom is preferred.
- A passion for fitness.
In the fall of 2017, the Reebok brand is moving its headquarters to a 220,000 square-foot section of the Innovation and Design Building in Boston’s Seaport District. The move will bring community fitness to a next generation design and innovation space; the all new workplace will foster a vibrant collaborative culture and will allow the brand to be closely connected to the community in Boston. Alongside state-of-the-art office spaces, the headquarters will be equipped with an extensive employee fitness center and a public retail store.