At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance of the Organization
Management Systems: Build and further evolve the Environmental Management System for global sites. Lead the ISO 50001 certification for stores, showroom and sites in Western Europe (150 sites aprox)
Resource efficiency: Ensure energy efficient operation of global sites. Develop and review business cases for resource efficiency investments like lighting upgrades, heating and cooling improvements, building automation and water fixture retrofits and renewable energy procurement.
Energy KPI owner: Achieve a 3% absolute annual reduction in Scope 1 + Scope 2 CO2 emissions (2015 baseline) until 2020.
Energy and Utility Procurement: Support and advise on energy procurement and utility invoice management for adidas sites in EMEA.
Green Company lead: Strategic key lead of the Green Company Program and all related KPIs and projects as well as the GreenFunds.
ISO 50001 EMEA:
- As the regional lead for ISO 50001, this role is ultimately responsible for planning, documentation and action control for all regional topics.
- Support internal energy audits and inspections across EMEA sites
- Follow up on all energy non-conformances in EMEA; collaborate with sites and FMREs to ensure issues are resolved
- Deliver routine Management Review for EMEA regarding energy
- Continuously improve tracking energy consumptions, update and fine tune meter concept, implement meters into the EnMS, do and document plausible checks on energy consumptions.
ISO 50001 global:
- Support topics related to ISO 50001 globally. Coordinate closely with the Sr Manager Environment & Energy and IMS lead.
Energy, water and waste efficiency:
- Be a proactive leader in supporting and evaluating business cases for site-level energy, water and waste upgrades. Support the technical and financial due diligence.
- Support new construction sustainability initiatives, including business case review and technical due diligence, in partnership with Corporate Real Estate and/or Supply Chain Management.
Energy and Utility Procurement:
- Partner with key sites and ensure that energy and utility procurement is cost effective and low risk.
- ‘Utilities’ may include electricity, water, heating gas, heating oil and district heating.
- Related tasks may include, billing control and consumption tracking
- Admin for Energy Management Software
- Oversee team responsible for energy invoice controlling.
Green Company Program:
- Support the Green Company Program and strategically align all relevant projects.
- Support to develop a new set of projects for after 2020.
- Identify drivers and set strategic targets for the Green Company Program.
- Drive the consolidation of data management for sites in scope and the IMS as well as the energy management software.
- Create the Green Company report and externally report all relevant data for indices like the Dow Jones Sustainability Index or CDP.
Other related responsibilities:
- Support the internal Green Funds for internal investments into environmental focused projects, create the business cases and follow up on the results.
- Track relevant environment and energy laws, together with our external compliance consultancy.
- Support the Carbon Working strategy
- Lead earth hour event and other initiatives like further steps charging stations for e-cars at Herzogenaurach
- Support annual environmental reporting, including the Green Company Performance Analysis, adidas’ sustainability report, CDP, and Dow Jones Report
- Support initiatives to integrate our matrix certification and streamline ISO 45001 into the ongoing ISO 50001 and 14001 systems
- Collaborate closely with Global Workplaces and Supply Chain Management (distribution centres) and related facility management staff to respond to energy opportunities and issues as needed.
Skills and Qualities desired
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills. A significant amount of this work is done through influence and collaboration.
- High degree of initiative and assertiveness
- Cross-functional navigator
- Proven strategic thinker with capacity and interest in improving how energy & environmental topics are addresses across the company
Requisite Education and Experience/Minimum Qualifications:
- Engineering degree (Mechanical, Electrical, Energy, etc.) or Business degree with relevant work record preferred.
- Experience with designing and implementing resource and energy-saving measures
- Substantial working knowledge of ISO 14001 & ISO 50001. Internal ISO auditor training preferred.
- Comprehensive language skills, both written and verbal. Fluent English is required and fluent German is mandatory.
- A minimum of 2-5 years professional experience in relevant fields
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.