At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
- Fully accountable for development, commercialization, product integrity, manufacturability, Create to Value (CTV), performance to target FOB of a selection of product within a category.
- Manage the development and commercialization process of assigned products in collaboration with Tier 1 factory personnel and technical teams. Provides specific technical expertise to ensure effective transition of footwear design into samples and production while ensuring the manufacturability, material selection, material standards, development timeline and cost to target are met.
- Supervise the direct development process between Headquarter/Creation Center Project Management and Tier 1 factory ensuring that Create to Value approach and product integrity is at the paramount priority and focus.
- Supervise junior development staffs in continuous upgrades of technical applications and processes and implementation of new technology in development and engineering.
- Manage junior team member and/or factory direct developer and contribute considerably to the achievement of team objectives.
- Operationally, account for development/commercialization area with predefined scope of responsibilities.
- Explain product requirement and standards to factory and /or LO teams to achieve shared goals.
- Influence HQ (Design, Marketing, Brand Operations, Quality) and external parties (factory Development /Commercialization & Production) and drive change using principle centered vs policy driven with adi Dassler Standards as the center of focus in managing/ solving conflicts.
- Make day to day decisions within defined scope (with support on complex issues)
- Execute defined directives.
- Headquarters Product Teams (Design, Marketing, Brand Operations, Product Creation & Tooling)
- Factory Dev teams.
- Tier 2 material suppliers
- Other Global Operations/Sourcing functions –costing, Material, Planning, Product Testing, Quality/Lab
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Have development and engineering knowledge and expertise and can provide input into projects.
- Have a strong engineering and creative mindset.
- With minimal input and feedback, can identify problems and provide solutions to complex development/ commercialization issues.
- Can manage direct reports with support from line manager.
- Good written and verbal English communication.
- German, Chinese, Indonesia or Vietnamese language knowledge an advantage.
Requisite Education and Qualifications:
- University degree preferably on shoe making or engineering.
- 5+ year production, development or related experience in Footwear industry.
- Passion and interest in athletic competition, sports or fitness related activities.
- Production, Product Testing or development/commercialization or costing background
- Good knowledge of shoes manufacturing process.
- Experience in pattern engineering, mold making, grading, materials processing etc…
- Ability to read shell patterns, 2D and 3D blueprints, spec sheets, cost breakdowns, etc…
- Good understanding of costing principles and process; ability to decipher cost breakdown related to products.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.