At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Manage the product development process for assigned styles from seasonal kick off through to commercialization
Collaborate with internal teams and suppliers to provide effective transition from brief/design through to development “buy-ready” commercialisation, on time, within the agreed margin parameter and at the required quality standards.
- Communicate all necessary information to Marketing, Design, Suppliers and LO/OC to ensure the effective and efficient creation of outstanding product
- Ensure target price and product designs are aligned through predictive costing. Review, validate and approve T1 costing information throughout the entire creation process. Ensure compliance to agreed standards. Negotiate with T1 as needed
- Manage handover from design to T1 to ensure that all information provided to T1 is complete. Manage T1 feedback to design and marketing and incorporate where quality or cost can be improved without sacrificing product aesthetics
- Ensures timely and accurate data entry by T1 regarding AD/BOM, costing or other data as required at calendar milestones
- Evaluate all prototypes for compliance with AD, manages fit approval/size specification, approval of color, accessories and materials. Manage comments to T1
- Ensure that all materials and accessories as well as prototypes are tested and adhere to adidas quality, safety and A01 standards. Manage quality exceptions with senior management as needed
- If required, review size sets for accuracy of measurements and merchantability of complete size range including logo placement and fit. (LO/OC to approve size sets not requested/approved by CC after buy ready release)
- Review and sign off sealing sample with complete AD including all related documents prior to buy ready dates. Ensure full conformity to published policies to ensure a final legal AD for final product
- Researches innovation from market or supply chain as far as garment construction, pattern/fit, embellishment, trims. Work cross functionally with BOPS teams, aIT, Sourcing and T1/T2 to implement into product creation
- Design, Marketing and Brand Operations – Development, Materials, Costing. Pattern Maker
- T1 -Merchandising and Patternmaking
- LO/OC Merchandising, Technical Services and Costing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of material construction and related testing
- Knowledge of wear and physical product testing
- Knowledge of production garment construction and manufacturing
- Ability to fit a garment and comment to T1 on changes required
- Knowledge of costing and ability to negotiate as required
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Understanding of the respective vision and strategy for the brands. Ability to communicate to LO/OC/T1 the vision and strategy as well as success criteria needed from sourcing and T1 teams
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Strong IT skills (MS Office) and ability to work with Product Data Management Systems
- Domestic and International Travel as required
- College or University degree in clothing technology and/or manufacturing or comparable education
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in garment/textile industry
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.