Europe is changing fast: country borders become less relevant for both our consumers and customers. They are looking for the best product and they want it fast. To continue to lead the game on our home turf, we have decided to go forward with one aligned strategy across Western Europe. This strategy combines the potential of our innovative brands and cutting-edge products with excellence in routes-to-markets and back-office functions. Now is your opportunity to join this team. Western Europe is a market of 5 clusters (Central, North, South, France and Iberia) with an annual sales value of around € 4 billion, handling both brands adidas and Reebok across all channels.
This role is responsible for maximizing the profitability of the Market Retail Portfolio by managing depreciation line & ongoing investments as part of the WE Store Development team.
Supporting the WE Director of Store Development (DSD) to implement Concept to Consumer (CTC) tools, using the agreed WE processes.
Ensuring the development of the WE store portfolio is of consistent high quality and demonstrates best financial value within each market. Working closely with the market teams and leveraging WE as a single entity to increase quality and reduce costs.
- Lead the development of framework contracts and tenders for general and sub-contractors within each market.
- Identify opportunities and manage cross cluster tenders for supply of elements such as HVAC, Lighting, PP equipment, stock racking.
- Working with SD managers and WE finance to ensure all remo closure periods are practical and in line with WE P&L expectations.
- Review, improve, create standardised contracts, processes and tenders documents for the appointment of 3rdrd party consultants, contractors and suppliers as required by the DSD.
- Analysis of capex and due diligence reports prior to BPMs submittal.
- Review and improve due diligence tools for all store formats and, roll out across WE providing training or sourcing 3rd party support as required.
- Development assessment tools to review exiting portfolio, identify investment priorities to improve consumer experience with minimal cost.
- Define as new packages of investment between ‘full remo’ and ‘don’t touch’ to maximize the potential of lower performing stores.
- Track full annual capex spend, working with SD market managers and finance to ensure agreed SD capex is correctly invested within the financial year.
- Review materials and processes used in both Franchise and Own retail within markets, support markets to achieve consistency between the channels.
- Ensure all purchases and appointments are done in line with agreed market and global policies.
- Train 3rd parties as required
- Other duties as requested by the DSD
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience:
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced numeracy, literacy and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office
- AutoCAD skills an advantage
- Fluency in English (other European languages an advantage)
- Geographical mobility
- Degree in Project management, Estimating or Quantity surveying for the building industry, civil engineering or architecture or equivalent professional experience
- Store Development experience with focus on multi market roll out & implementation
- Passport and ability to travel throughout Europe.