At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose / Mission
Manage the accounting function end ensure the accounting records are in compliance with approved accounting standards and statutory requirements Ensure month end accounts close on timely manner to provide financial and management reports in the tight deadlines. Manage the accounting team to achieve operational and financial excellence.
- Supervise the accounting team to ensure smooth operation of the accounting function
- Continuously development implementation, enforcement accounting process work flow by improving the controls
- Conduct a feasibility study on the standard cost structure, recommend solution for the improvement and minimize the COS variances.
- Effectively manage the accounting and finance function through routine operation recording of all accounting transaction, reconciliation of accounts, producing financial statement reports, tax fillings and settlement
- Coach, Mentor and develop accounting staff to achieve and higher productivity within Accounting department
- Perform bank reconciliation for all banks
- Review month end close procedures, journal entries in General Ledger, Inventory, Account Payable, and Receivable as well as accounting schedules are performed correctly.
- Responsible for the month end closing/quarterly closing/year end closing process according to closing check list
- Perform tax computation (differed taxation, tax returned_ ensure tax and audit compliance, timely submission with local tax authority.
- Prepare audit schedule, oversee the audit activities and ensure completion of financial statement
- Lease with auditor, tax agent and banks and other Statutory Bodies and Authority
- Preparation of GST tax calculation and supporting schedules and submission of monthly GST tax return and payment
- Ensure the accounting entries posted correctly to ACoA and in compliance of Local and International Accounting Standards, Statutory Requirements as well as Group Finance Policy
- Ensure Provision & Accrual and Prepayment are properly recorded
- Periodic review the credit bank facilities, Manager treasury function and developing implementation and enforcement for the business procedures norms and minimize bad debts by adhering to the company’s credit and collection policies
- Review and approved the collection plan in order to ensure sounds financial position.
- Review AP aging and keep AP under control to internal end external parties
- Maintain and ensure for general setting of the accounting system and ACoA (Asian Chart of Account in an orderly manner.
- Record and Reconcile the account the account and adjust all errors and complaints as necessary.
- Perform pre stock take procedure and observe regular stock take at the retail stores.
- Ensure the Finance staff are aware of all relevant policies of the Group Finance Manual
- Responsible to maintain a systematic file system for safe keeping; the data / Financial information/invoice to be kept.
- Compliance with all policies and procedures as laid out in the Group Financial Manual (GFM) and local Policy Manual
- Communicate with others
- Manager relationship
- Planning & Organizing
- Analysis & Problem solving
- Result Oriented
- Analytical & Reporting Skill
- Minimum 5 years in audit, taxation, and commercial environment with 3 years in managerial capacity; Preferably member of MIA/CPA; Familiar with local and International Accounting Standards and Tax regulation; Working knowledge in handling full set account; strong knowledge of taxation; direct and indirect tax e.g. withholding tax; Ability to multi tasks under pressure and tight deadlines; High sense of responsibility and personal integrity.
- Professional accounting qualification or bachelor degree in Accounting
- Outlook: intermediate
- Word: Advanced
- Excel: Advanced
- Power Point : Advanced
- Language Skill ( English : Advanced )
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.