At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
This incumbent, reporting directly to the Legal Director – Marketing and All Supporting Functions, will act as one of the key legal advisors in relation to the legal matters and issues which may occur in the operations of Marketing in aChina. He (or She) will also assist and participate in different projects of growth and expansion of aChina business if any.
The successful candidate would have experience working as in-house counsel in full-speed industries, exposure to different legal areas, a strong influencer with effective communication skills, and a dynamic self-motivator.
- Autonomously performing legal services for his / her internal clients, manly from Marketing, in China, including: drafting, negotiating and reviewing of a variety of legal documents & contracts; providing legal support & advice for company’s daily business and operations, ensuring legal feasibility and legal compliance of the business initiatives, training in legal awareness, etc.
- Identifying complex legal issues and providing proactive, value-added and practical legal advice as well as balanced solutions and/or preventive proposals when daily counselling Marketing.
- Negotiating independently on significant legal matters and areas of importance in relation to Marketing initiatives.
- Assisting in the projects related to Marketing if any as assigned by superior legal members.
- Coordinating the actions in the company for Marketing related legal proceedings & maintaining contacts and coordination with external counsel in such proceedings.
- Working with other legal members to provide precise and balanced advice and facilitate policy and practice improvement in China if necessary.
- Group Legal
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- PRC law degree from a reputable university/law school. Additional law degree in US, UK or other major common law jurisdictions is preferable;
- PRC bar qualification is required. Additional bar qualification in other jurisdictions is preferable;
- Minimum of seven years of post-qualified legal practice either in the legal department of a multinational corporation or a reputable law firm with an international practice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent and steady mastering of Chinese legal system and main laws and regulations in terms of his/her supported functions, i.e. company laws, competition laws, advertisement laws, etc.;
- Experience in wholesale business and/or FMCG, sports company or retail industry;
- Be familiar with judicial system and experience in dealing with litigation cases in arbitration and courts;
- Must be willing to participate in a team oriented, consensus-building environment. Have potential of managerial skills.
- Must be fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese (speaking, reading and writing). Have good communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and responsive;
- Passionate, confident and mature, being able to deliver independently;
- Strong will, who can work effectively under pressure.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.