At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Act as “Strategic Business Partner” and “Advisor” to the organization in all relevant Legal & Compliance issues. Support the Senior Director Legal & Compliance in the Cluster ensuring that the department provides the best Legal & Compliance advice, solutions and challenges to enable strategic initiatives and protect and enhance the Group’s assets. Support in ensuring the Cluster team is an effective extension of Global Legal & Compliance to ensure a consistent and high standard of all Global Legal & Compliance standards and principles.
- Enable and support in the provision of legal services and compliance requirements for Cluster Central.
- Work towards the achievement of the team strategy.
- Where appropriate support the management, negotiation and resolution of legal and business disputes for client groups in Cluster Central to enable fact-based decision making.
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of contracts to protect the interests of the adidas Group working closely with appropriate business stakeholders.
- Support in the driving of an ethics and compliance culture and ensure all related matters are appropriately handled including all aspects of communication, education, and implementation of the Compliance program within the Cluster.
- Effectively manage and supervise the delivery of legal advice and services through external counsel where needed.
- Actively participate in and support the implementation of initiatives and identify improvement potential to ensure efficient Legal & Compliance processes, in close co-ordination with the WE Legal & Compliance team and in close alignment with the wider Global Legal & Compliance team.
- Develop and conduct educational programs and materials for clients in Cluster Central as appropriate in relevant legal areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- Strong background in contract law, drafting, negotiation and business counselling.
- Strong sense of legal business management and administration with an ability to make practical evaluations of risk.
- Ability to work independently and manage and prioritize substantial and diverse workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be fluent in English and German.
- Enthusiastic and represents the Group value of integrity.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- German law degree as fully trained lawyer ("Volljurist") with at least "satisfactory" ("befriedigend") results in both state exams
- 3+ years of law firm or corporate counsel experience in general corporate, transactional and commercial law.
- Preferably experience with multinational companies with multi-market teams.
- Sound experience in contract design
- Preferably experience in competition law ("Wettbewerbs- Vertriebsrecht"), and/or trade law ("Handelsrecht"), and/or licensing law ("Lizenzrecht") and/or general terms & conditions law ("AGB-Recht"), and/or e-commerce law
- Experience in a marketing oriented company is a plus
- Additional qualification such as "LLM" in business law or MBA is a plus
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.