At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Are you great at making things with code?
Do you want to help change the future with your code? Do you enjoy creating cool
stuff working directly with scientists, researchers, designers, and variety of different
engineers and other disciplines on ground breaking moonshot projects?
Come join the adidas Future Team in Digital Sports. We're making the future-- it's in our name!
The selected candidate will be responsible for developing software to support our team in research
and consumer facing digital experiences. This will primarily be based around backend
development in a highly scalable distributed infrastructure with Node.js. They will work together with UX designers, mobile/backend/frontend developers, hardware engineers, scientists, infrastructure teams, and other diverse sets of disciplines to create compelling digital experiences. Depending on project, they will be responsible for both architecture and implementation that facilitates the seamless flow of data across mobile and web components.
- Work with the devops team and drive strategy, architecture, and development of highly scalable, reliable, secure, and maintainable world class infrastructure and systems.
- Work with external and internal development teams to bring projects into fruition – UX, QA, research, hardware and software engineering.
- Continuously improve our infrastructure and systems
- Interface with the larger org as needed for support, tooling, provisioning and cross-organizational collaboration/training.
- Partner with the server-side team in building out a powerful, scalable, distributed global systems.
- Reinforce and enhance our continuous delivery pipeline and support build automation
- Collaborate with QA developers to help build wide scale test automation
- Identify and slay technical debt. Seriously. Call it out, pay it off!
- Influence the architecture of all Digital Sports Future Team client/backend/infrastructure solutions.
- Be open to learning new things. Embrace continuous improvement.
- Stay on the cutting edge -- explore, identify, and evaluate new tools and technologies.
- Be visionary in understanding market trends and dynamics that will impact innovations and commercial results
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of software development and/or infrastructure or devops experience
- 3+ years of AWS experience
- Proficient working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, and Cloudfront in a highly available and scalable production environment
- Knowledge of Linux systems administration and architecture
- You can design a system for monitoring and reporting, based on our unique product needs (e.g. Nagios, Graphite, Cacti, AppDynamics, NewRelic, Splunk, Graylog etc)
- Understands the importance of UX, and considers software an extension of UX.
- Can work with people from a wide variety of disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to travel 10% of the time, including international travel
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree
Desirable Bonus Skills:
- Interest in fitness, wellness and sports
- Map-reduce and large scale distributed databases
- Machine learning
- Computer vision (OpenCV or other)
- Game theory
- Front-end web development (particularly HTML5 component based libraries such as polymer or web components)
- Backend web development
- Android and or iOS development experience