At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Want to practice what you are learning at university? Do you want to experience hands-on what your dream job is like? Are you a sports lover who aspires to work in an international environment with responsibilities for own projects? Then an internship at the adidas will be an opportunity for you to join a truly international business with an environment that is often described as dynamic, innovative, and culturally diverse!
Internship at the adidas The purpose of this internship is to provide the internship student with experience of the practical application of theoretical knowledge the internship student has already acquired at university and to acquire new skills and knowledge. This internship description contains tasks and responsibilities that will be learned step by step and the internship student will be accompanied by adidas employees at all times. adidas International/ Marketing /Trading B.V. will ensure that the internship student is given tasks and responsibilities according to the level of competence of the student and the educational objectives for the internship period. The internship student will sign an internship agreement, which is not an employment contract. These internships start in August and will last 24 weeks.
You’d have the opportunity to gain experience within Merchandising field and help us to stay ahead of the game in the following areas:
adidas European Key Account Merchandising Intern
Here is a brief snapshot of the role. You will:
- Support Merchandising team through footwear range maintenance in ranging systems (analyze and maintain pricing, segmentation, introduction dates, etc).
- Provide an analytical view of forecasting against seasonal production allocations. Use product pricing information to model return on investment.
- Stay close to retail trends and be a beacon of current marketplace knowledge internally.
- Build sell-in tools ahead of meetings with Foot Locker Europe. Support the event logistics to ensure the customer has a best-in-class service at each milestone meeting.
- Manage end-to-end sample process to drive budget efficiency while also ensuring product is available for merchandising purposes at key milestones.
Reebok DTC Merchandising Intern
Here is a little taste of your challenge. You will:
- Help with Pre-season preparations which contain seasonal analysis, setting up and organizing assortment information for the coming season.
- Support Reebok merchandising team by inserting and updating product data into various computerized systems in order to keep the information accurate and recent.
- Alignment with all key stake holders prior to actual online introduction date) to drive a timely and efficient launch
- Providing team with product reports supporting them in their product ranging, forecasting and planning processes.
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Merchandising Intern this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- Strong numeric, analytic and writing attitude
- Passion for Sporting Goods and Lifestyle Footwear industry
- Strong team player with proven ability to work cross functionally to achieve goals and objectives.
- Advanced Computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Hands on working attitude
- He/she should be proactive and resourceful in managing projects and can work independently as the team members travel extensively
- Confident and fully fluent in English, written and spoken.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- Currently Business or Marketing student at a university or other instance of higher education- Enrolled for the complete duration of the internship (6 months)
- Only applies to EU citizens due to working permit regulations.
In order to complete your application, please submit the following:
- Your CV or resume in English;
- Your cover letter in English
Start Date: August 1, 2018
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.