At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose: To take part in a 2 years on-the-job trainee program in the Footwear Sourcing organization, build necessary technical and managerial skills in order to advance to a long term career path to senior operation positions.
Key Responsibilities: To learn and actively participate to the basic roles and responsibilities associated with the key Sourcing Operation functions: Product Creation (including Costing, Materials, and Product Testing), Tactical and Production Planning, Manufacturing (including Quality and Manufacturing Excellence). Successfully intern in these roles and participate as active member to the Teams’ success.
• Impact on Business – Provide a pool of highly capable individuals ready to step in key positions when necessary
• Customer/Suppliers/Third Parties – Shadowing the Senior Operations Manager in most of his/her interactions, while participating to the Team daily duties, interacts with the same group as the SOM. As part of the daily duties, the Associate needs to understand the functions and R&R, provide concrete support to the assigned Departments, report to mentor (SOM) on a regular basis and receive coaching.
• Leadership/Management Responsibilities – Capable to take functional and project leadership under SOM guidance; should be considered by others within the Team as “role model” for higher roles within the organization.
• Innovation and Change –Create attitude for change, and bring new ideas to the Teams.
• SOM, SMPC, SMM, Costing Manager, Materials Manager, Manufacturing Excellence, Quality Teams, HQ Teams
• T1 management and various levels of the assigned departments
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Technical skills (manufacturing, planning, project management, industrial engineering, materials engineering, biomechanical or sport science preferred)
• Communication skills (presentation, efficient note taking, computer literate)
• Analytical skills, reporting and data collection
• Open mind, passionate about sports
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
We are looking for world citizens with a passion for excellence, an open and inquisitive mind and passion for sports. Talented individuals, willing to learn, are fitting this job, which requires attention to details, curiosity, spirit of observation and discipline.
No previous work experience required but preferred. Vocational training (preferred in a multinational organization), MA in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial) or MBA preferred.
Multiple language skills: fluent English -written and spoken- required; German, Mandarin Chinese, Vietnamese, Bahasa Indonesia an advantage.
Flexibility and willingness to relocate at Company’s request.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.