Technological breakthroughs and industry pivots are changing how textiles materials are made and what they can do. The adidas Group is leading the charge with a revolution in materials creation, including robotic fabrication, 3D printing and a partnership with Parley for the Oceans devoted to turning plastic trash from the ocean into high-performance textiles and products.
To bring this new era to life, we’re continuing to build world-class materials teams in Product Operations made up of smart, creative makers who can bring rich experience and fresh perspectives to their field. A dream team of fibre geeks and polymer buffs with endless curiosity and the drive to explore their hunches.
That’s where you come in - You will have the opportunity to work in different materials teams in Apparel, Footwear and Accessories, within Product Operations. You will get to understand how materials shape a product and its functionality to meet the consumer’s needs.
We offer you a unique platform to start your career coached by experienced mentors and managers. You will have the opportunity to rotate within 18 months through different Materials teams in Germany and abroad like:
- Material Development & Innovation
- Material Sourcing
- Research & Technologies
- Bachelor or Master’s degree with a strong academic record in textile engineering or comparable.
- International mindset/experience
- Relevant practical experience in Material Development (up to 18 months)
- True affinity/passion for sport and interest in the sporting goods/fashion industry
- Living the 3 Cs
- Complex thinking ability and creative problem solving
- Strong customer focus and mindset
- Excellent communication skills in English (written/verbally)
- Energetic team player & creator
You can apply for the FTP regardless of your citizenship. If you will make it to the final round and receive an offer, the offer would be pending on the approval of the residence and work permit for Germany. We will support you in obtaining those.
How to apply?
Please impress us with your CV, university transcripts and relevant job references in English and a video (max. 90 seconds). In this video be creative and show us your passion for the functional trainee program in Material Development & Innvocation and why you want to be a part of the adidas Group. Please submit your application by April 17th, 2017 (no cover letter necessary). Please upload your video on YouTube, Dropbox or similar and include the link to the video in your CV.
- Online application until April 17th, 2017 including CV, link to your video, university transcripts and relevant job references in English (you will receive feedback on your application latest 2-3 weeks after the application deadline had passed)
- Phone-/Video Interview
- Assessment Center (the assessment center will take place on July 5th, 2017)
- The decision on who will join our FTP program will be made within 2-3 days after the Assessment Center took place
This exciting program will start on October 1st, 2017!
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions: email@example.com