At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
adidas Shared Services in Porto delivers high quality services for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Retail Accounting, eCommerce Accounting, Non Trade Procurement and other Finance processes for adidas companies located in Europe and Americas.
However, our success journey continues and we will now integrate several additional Teams in Porto. We are creators in our fields, thinking strategically about how digital tools can make reporting more transparent and targets more controllable. If you see yourself as a coach, playmaker, planner and problem solver, we invite you to be a part of our team.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Financial Shared Service (FSS) Porto in the Local Procurement organization, managing performance and actively driving efficiency improvements of tactical and operational procurement activities
- Manage daily operations within the FSS Procurement organization
- Lead FSS Procurement team members in accordance with the adidas management principles to support the organization’s overall leadership focus on performance and talent management, values, management and self-management practices
- Allocate resources and responsibilities within the FSS Procurement team to deliver operational and business results
- Create and maintain skill matrix for personal development planning of the different team members as well as to minimize risk of business disruption
- Install a broad knowledge base and knowledge sharing within the team
- Ensure team members acquire necessary skills and performance attributes, in line with operations and personal development needs
- Develop operational business continuity and risk mitigation plans and ensure stability of FSS Procurement Center processes
- Improve and implement standard operating procedures to enable improved conformity in the FSS Procurement Center
Drive improvements of FSS Procurement Center operations
- Provide solid reports on performance in each area, actively participate in the identification of issues and required root cause analysis in collaboration with the respective stakeholders, and support the definition and realization of improvement plans required
- Support the Senior Director Procurement Excellence in defining and improving standards and reusable approaches within a broad operational framework focusing on customer satisfaction, user compliance and process performance
- Manage relationship with procurement internal customers to review FSS Procurement performance, KPIs, SLAs and to agree on joint improvement actions
- Review, analyze and refine current organization / management structure in line with global organization changes
- Develop capacity analysis, define actions to support the planning process and facilitate smooth cooperation with Group, Market, and Country Procurement teams
- Drive continuous improvement activities in the region to enable process efficiency, user compliance, and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate and deepen awareness of new technological solutions for procurement operations, that will enhance process improvements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detailed knowledge of sourcing and procurement processes
- Proven ability to build, lead, manage and develop operations team and its members into an effective team to drive achievement of objectives
- Strong knowledge of processes, functions and stakeholder structures and how the organization interacts with its internal and external customers
- Excellent problem analysis skills and willingness to make business recommendations and decisions
- Strong knowledge of change management, shaping and applying change management methods to facilitate change
- Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Action oriented and solution minded team player with high degree of self-management
- Proficiency in MS Office and SAP SRM
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree from an accredited college or university (Bsc. / Msc.) with emphasis on the areas of business, economics, finance, procurement or legal, or comparable professional education
- At least 7+ years working experience with 5+ years of experience with proven track record in managing and leading operational delivery teams in a Shared Service organization
- A recognized qualification in process management / improvement (e.g. Six Sigma) would be considered an asset
Sound good? Apply directly and be part of our tomorrow.
THROUGH SPORT, WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE LIVES
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.