At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Drive sell-through by effectively implementing retail visual merchandising projects in DTC according to Global best practice and in a consistent, cost-effective and premium way. Work closely with DTC Visual Excellence team and store leadership to ensure consistent execution of retail space projects, creating a Market culture of excitement, and desire to win at the point of sale.
- Drive and coordinate the implementation of visual merchandising projects throughout DTC
- Delivers an annual visual direction calendar focusing on key product stories and updating the consumer journey in-store.
- Develop monthly and quarterly directives for DTC channels. Provide tools to DTC Visual Excellence team and store leadership to implement in the field.
- Lead visual direction and execution for new store openings and store remodels.
- Ensure project budgets are effectively planned, forecasted and managed
- Manage collaborative relationships with third parties (e.g. DTC Merchandising, DTC Visual Excellence team, retail store and field leaders)
- Develop space and visual merchandising guidelines and provide direction DTC Visual Excellence team and store leaders in Market sub-units in order to drive consistency in execution across the entire Market
- Coordinate all Visual Direction, Tech Rep, and Store Coaching services during project implementation and follow-up visits.
- Drive, measure and report on retail space productivity and visual merchandising projects. Make recommendations to management for continuous improvement in managed spaces
- Develop a VM network across DTC/CTC and a process for best practice sharing (including efficiencies)
- Gather, consolidate and deliver input on global toolbox performance
- Establish a high performance culture and drive employee engagement, leading by example.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Proven understanding of retail needs with a focus on product presentation and merchandising.
- Ability to thrive in a face paced, constantly changing environment.
- Understanding of retail and consumers in the sporting goods industry.
- Possess excellent written, oral and visual communication skills.
- Strong conceptual thinking and design critiquing skills.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate internal and external project teams.
- Highly developed attention to detail.
- Moderate domestic travel required: approximately 25%
- Hands-on retail floor experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite as well as Microsoft Creative Suite
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.), with an emphasis in Marketing/Merchandising, and
- Minimum 5 years of Merchandising/Product marketing or other related experience in the Sporting Goods Industry.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree.