At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
The primary responsibility of the incumbent is to partner with the Senior Management and DTC teams across SEAPAC to develop strategic initiatives and implement operational processes to drive business KPIs. The incumbent will work with the regional retail teams to provide dynamic and commercially positive business initiatives by integrating the strategic vision with specificities and opportunities of local markets to drive and deploy strategic projects, innovation and improvement pilots and practices, standards and processes to achieve operational excellence and business outcomes.
The incumbent will also provide his team and peers with the leadership to enable them to develop their professional competencies while achieving global and market goals.
- Drive business KPIs such as FTW, Productivity, Net Sales and DCC.
- Lead and inspire SEAPAC Market and Retail Back Office (RBO) teams to exceed commercial goals and KPIs, build brand equity and build a world class retail operations setup.
- Partner with global, APAC and in country Retail teams to develop, implement and manage strategic initiatives that provide an ultimate retail experience.
- Create, align and execute measurable action plans to drive continuous improvement furthering retail excellence(Eg. Mystery shopper, KSA survey improvement areas, etc.)
- Be the gate keeper for global and APAC initiatives. Lead a culture of sharing and adopting best practice across assigned markets. Prioritize and plan the short and long term implementation strategy.
- Drive Omni channel mindset in stores and enable teams on usage of Omni channel tools to the full extent
- Drive "Service Culture" in which all members of Retail understand and actively respond to the changing needs of our consumer (consumer demand, changing trends, Digitalization etc.) Partner with HR and Global Sales academy to create and sustain an environment of “Service mindset”
- Create and drive the “Real Estate strategy encompassing of the following:
- Collaborate with Retail and Franchise team to Establish and drive “Shape the Chain” strategy for SEAPAC Own Retail & Franchise in alignment with SEAPAC market’s growth plan and co-drive the creation of a strategic market expansion plan in detail with support from markets.
- Work with SEAPAC Store Development to create and implement relevant tools, processes and service structures to support the real estate strategy.
- Secure leadership in key cities by ensuring the right concept, location and size across concepts in each key city.
- Manage the store life cycle process and support markets in evaluating existing store portfolio to actively drive rent reductions, recommend lease renewals and terminations and negotiate renewals and extensions where appropriate.
- Ensure market teams have the necessary information to evaluate the existing store portfolio to actively drive rent reductions, recommend lease renewals and terminations and negotiate renewals and extensions where appropriate.
- Manage key landlord relations along with the retail / franchise teams to optimize deal-making within clusters for the benefit of Own retail and Franchise business.
- Drive the Integrated Distribution Roadmap between Wholesale and Retail to ensure we optimize our store structure within the same locations.
- Sign off BPMs via formalized process to ensure a disciplined approach to retail real estate.
- Approve real estate opportunities through site visits, site selection metrics and criteria, demographic analysis and research to ensure that the best locations for the brand are secured, working closely with retail real estate market representatives.
- Be the Subject matter expert on SLA concerning retail operations and ensure consistent implementation of the (SLA) across assigned markets to define the operating framework for retail in the markets.
- Ensure full implementation and tracking of the Global Store Operations policy framework (the adidas way) our best practice in delivering retail efficiency, adherence to Health & Safety, compliance, profit protection (audits), systems and SOM.
- Establish a communication process that is reflecting store needs. Make sure all relevant communications from RBO is shared across the field and store and franchise communities for allocated markets.
- Act as the conduit between markets and global organization (HR, Visual Merchandising (VM), Retail Marketing and Systems & Processes, IT) to ensure optimal service to the retail field, including service on systems development items.
- Implement all functional components of the adidas retail business model (logistics, IT, reporting, staff deployment planning, SHINE and adidas Retail University) in partnership with the respective functions and in line with Global Retail CoE standards.
- Participate in group business planning and monitor results and policies of competitive organizations when preparing future strategy.
- Strong Retail Operations experience
- Commercial astuteness
- Strategic Business Acumen
- Results and action-orientation with an entrepreneurial & disruptive spirit
- Strength in Problem Solving & analysis
- Project Management experience
- Strong Influencing & Negotiating skills
- Strong & confident Communication
- Excel/computer skills
- Strong leadership & development skills
Professional background/ Experience:
- Strong leadership skills with a minimum 10 years’ experience in retail leading multi store retail teams across regions
- Strong leadership capabilities with ability to motivate, influence and build long term relationships with various stakeholders
- Hands-on, pragmatic and has the agility and capacity to work in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
- Excellent communication skills including impactful presentation skills, influencing and negotiating and change management
- Advanced numeracy and literacy, with good IT skills (Word, Outlook, excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to Travel(50-70%)
- Fluency in English
- Exposure in managing multiple markets
- Industry: Preferably in apparel/ fashion/ FW or FMCG Retail
- Exposure: Sports, Fashion
- University Degree in Retail Management or Business Management or related field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the retail and trade marketing industry
- Outlook: Advanced
- Word: Advanced
- Excel: Advanced
- PowerPoint: Advanced
- English: Advanced
- Local Language: Fluent(added Advantage)
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.