At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
The adidas Fair Play Compliance Framework is overseen by the Company’s Management and Supervisory Boards. The purpose of the Fair Play Framework is to:
Support the achievement of qualitative and sustainable growth through good corporate governance practice.
Reduce and mitigate the risk of financial losses or damage caused by non-compliant conduct.
Protect and further enhance the value and reputation of the company and its brands through compliant conduct.
Preserve diversity by fighting harassment and discrimination.
The Director Regional Compliance Management for North America will be responsible for managing the regional operations of the Fair Play Framework and related activities under the direction of the Head of Regional Compliance. The Director Regional Compliance Management will work in close partnership with legal, finance, controlling, audit, HR, and other relevant functions in the further implementation of the Fair Play Framework, strategies and ongoing regional operations. The Director Regional Compliance Management will partner with Compliance Officers in countries and Compliance Managers at adidas headquarters to drive the global program in the region. The Regional Compliance Manager will work on high profile and important compliance projects and will have frequent interaction with senior members of the legal department, internal business functions, and employees around the world.
- Significantly contribute to the development and regional implementation of global compliance strategy, policies, procedures and controls by identifying and evaluating regional compliance risks and enforcement trends
- Build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across functions, including local Senior Leadership Team members to determine compliance priorities and to initiate corresponding actions to prevent, detect and respond to compliance incidents
- Perform a subject matter expert role and partner with key stakeholders to advise them on adidas’ Code of Conduct, ‘Fair Play’ and supporting compliance policies, including by providing training to regional senior leadership teams, employees and relevant business partners
- Provide global and regional leadership and direction regarding compliance incidents, including by directing incidents towards the appropriate channels for investigation and overseeing their resolution either directly or through management of third party vendors
- Manage a team of local Compliance Officers within the region, including by setting clear objectives for Compliance Officers and being accountable for Compliance Officer Performance and salary reviews
- Direct and/or conduct regional level compliance risk assessments and audits; provide leadership to local Compliance Officers undertaking local compliance risk assessments and document compliance obligations in a manner that is appropriate to the size, complexity, structure and operations in the region
- Evaluate potential global and regional areas for compliance vulnerability and risk by continually monitoring regional compliance performance; develop/implement corrective action plans for senior leaders for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Global Compliance Team and reginal Senior Leadership teams informed as to the operation and progress of compliance efforts in the region and initiate appropriate steps to continuously improve its effectiveness. Regularly contribute to the collection and reporting of compliance performance indicators
- local authority as necessary
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders, including by building collaborative relationships with the following to ensure their awareness and collaboration on Compliance topics:
- Head of Compliance
- Senior Leadership Teams in markets
- Risk Coordinators and owners
- Human Resources
- Legal Counsels and Regional General Counsels
- Local Compliance Officer Network
- Group Compliance Management Team
- Other Governance Functions such as HR, Workers Councils, ICS
- Senior Managers of all levels and functions globally.
Key External Stakeholders
- Consulting firms
- Investigation service providers
- Audit firms
- Peer group companies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Fluent in English, additional language skills would be advantageous
- Ability to undertake highly complex tasks, requiring specific compliance knowledge and business acumen
- Ability to negotiate internally to drive the acceptance of changes in existing practices and adoption of new standards and concepts.
- Extensive work experience in a similar role within a large multinational corporate Compliance function will be regarded as a plus
- Knowledge of Compliance programs, solutions, processes, controls and procedures with strong anti-bribery & corruption, competition law and anti-fraud & theft compliance is required
- Ability to translate strategy into tactical plans and to execute
- Ability to travel frequently and interact with a diverse range of cultures and people
- University degree required in Business, Finance or Law, preferably at Masters level. Postgraduate business or compliance management qualifications would be viewed advantageously
- Minimum 8-10 years relevant work experience, including broad and deep legal, compliance or finance experience with demonstrable achievements in a regional or global environment
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.