At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
adidas has been at the forefront of defining sports culture since they first applied stripes to leather, more than 65 years ago. In 2001, adidas introduced Originals – a lifestyle brand marked by the iconic Trefoil logo that draws inspiration from adidas’ rich archives and legacy. Combing contemporary youth culture with the kind of creativity and courage found on courts and sporting arenas, Originals strives to forever remain innovative and authentic. Led by those that continue to shape and define creative culture, adidas Originals lights the way as the pioneering sportswear brand for the street.
As part of the Global Brand Communications team for BUG Originals & Style you’ll be at the heart and soul of the adidas lifestyle segment. The goal of this team is to define, create and drive all consumer facing activities of adidas Originals, and help us become the most influential and connected sportswear brand in street culture. Our team provides the global strategy to reach our consumers through Advertising, PR, Social Media, Digital & Retail. At the end of the day, you will be part of the team that creates how the world sees and interacts with adidas Originals.DIRECTOR PR & SOCIAL MEDIA FOR BUG ORIGINALS & STYLE (m/f)
ADIDAS – HERZOGENAURACH, GERMANY
We are the crossroads between adidas Originals and our consumers – every interaction with them goes through us. We are the keepers of the messages and the maestros of the media. This means long-term strategy and planning, research, coordinated efforts across disciplines and tracking the progress of a plan may all be in a days work. And when we excel at what we do, our messaging achieves its business objectives and the brand enjoys its rightful place at the pinnacle of street culture and fashion.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Lead the overall integrated PR & Social Media strategy for the business unit, including content, activation concepts and storytelling framework. Be future thinking and setup the overall strategy for PR & Social over the coming seasons and years.
- Oversee and connect to all global and local PR activities, bringing strategic vision and creativity to everything you do. Continually push the boundaries of both disciplines with an open source approach in order to drive positive perception of the BU and adidas brand as a whole.
- Work closely with Brand Marketing (Communications, Digital and Retail) and Product teams to deliver results-oriented strategies and programs that increase consumer and trade awareness of adidas brand messaging, campaigns, products, technologies, innovations and events.
- Represent the global voice and category champion to all global PR and community managers - oversee the overall business unit voice and PR & social publishing calendar.
- Lead regional and market stakeholders to ensure alignment of the global strategies on a local level and closely involving the global newsroom network.
- Work with global newsroom network to ensure speedy and impactful delivery of campaigns and relevant tools in order to drive engagement, excitement and advocacy for the category.
- In partnership with the Digital Analytics team, oversee the establishment of relevant KPIS and metrics to map the impact of PR & social media activities and amend strategies based on learnings and patterns.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and managerial level of strategic thinking.
- Senior experience in global marketing campaign development and execution.
- Managerial ability to manage and / or collaborate with internal and external cross-functional groups: product marketing, communications, social, digital and retail.
- Deep rooted understanding of youth marketing, consumer messaging and brand reputation.
- Strong affinity with cross-channel PR and social media strategy, cross-channel communications, storytelling, visual communications.
- Deep understanding of and passion for the sports and fashion/entertainment industry.
- Excellent written and verbal, presentation and organizational skills
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, PR or a related field. Master Degree / MBA a plus.
- 8+ years’ industry and / or relevant work experience.
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills.
Sound good? Apply here and be part of our tomorrow.
THROUGH SPORT, WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE LIVES
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.