This role is responsible for maximizing the profitability of Global Sales – DTC & Franchise by leading the development of policies and processes for the eCom, Retail and Franchise organizations and by developing and implementing consistent a communications approach, processes, and follow-up disciplines in all markets. This role will drive improvements in eCom, Retail and Franchise processes to decrease complexity and increase productivity. This role leads a high performing team aimed at delivering the following key responsibilities:
- Lead the definition of the global DTC & Franchise Execution plan against Global Sales strategy (e.g. Creating the New in DTC & Franchise) with the DTC & Franchise management team, including defining annual global priorities, phasing per Market and translating DTC & Franchise Execution plans into concrete goals and work packages with clear priorities, accountabilities and timelines to ensure the successful delivery of long-term plans.
- Lead DTC & Franchise Project Management Office, including tracking of priority initiatives and projects and definition and implementation of project management tools/frameworks for the global DTC & Franchise team. Represent DTC & Franchise as part of the Global Sales PMO set-up.
- Lead and project manage assigned priority initiatives: define deliverables, lead project teams, and ensure timely and complete delivery.
- Ensure progress on defined priorities is reported to Sr. Management and other Stakeholders on a regular basis and work with DTC & Franchise Management team to review status and take decisions where required.
- Lead the development and maintenance of policies and Service Level Agreements (SLA) which define the operating framework for the DTC and Franchise business models in the markets, including the Store Operations Manual, Franchise Policy, and other key documents.
- Drive the development and implementation of a business management framework, including operational guidelines and policies, for the global eCom business, to manage risks related to this business model and define global standards to harmonize service levels and support efficient processes across the Markets.
- Gather and share best practices from Retail, eCom and Franchise across the Markets and externally to create industry-leading standards. Facilitate a culture of sharing and implementing Best-in-Class (BIC) standards globally.
- Ensure operational processes are written and implemented to support any new projects from stakeholder functions like CtC (VM, Marketing Activation, Merchandising) Business Solutions, HR, IT, Finance (including Profit Protection, Health & Safety), Global Audit.
- Identify Key Performance Indicators (KPI) of the Retail, Franchise, and eCom business and develop and drive specific projects to optimize productivity.
- Drive relevant Market research and competitors’ KPI analyses to inform decisions of the DTC & Franchise teams.
- Own and drive the team knowledge management approach (e.g. intranet/SharePoint pages) and communication flow from the DTC & Franchise team to the markets and other cross-functional stakeholders. Represent DTC & Franchise as part of the Global Sales communication set-up.
- Establish or maintain communication channels ensuring a productive, two-way flow of information between Global DTC & Franchise and the Market teams.
- Provide and demonstrate expertise at key forums (e.g. Global Sales Summit, DTC Calls, GBC, etc).
- Consult/mentor team members in the DTC and Franchise and Market teams.
- Evaluate the competencies of subordinates on a regular basis and provides prompt and feedback and guidance to drive high performance
- Takes ownership for Talent Management processes to grow, develop and retain talents.
- Promote a high performance culture by setting clear expectations and individual goals.
- Translate the company goals into team specific actions and business plans. Control and monitor performance and results.
- Manage ad-hoc operational projects or other duties as required.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience:
- Advanced user of MS Office suite of products.
- Fluent in English.
- An additional European language is an advantage.
- University degree in business, ideally with marketing and sales focus or equivalent professional experience.
- 8-10 years retail/franchise operations, eCom management/DTC management, and/or business development experience.
- 5 years management experience.