At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- Fully accountable for quality, production, manufacturing efficiency targets and SEA of the designated groups of factories/Operations Centers.
- Lead multiple production teams of the designated groups of factories/Operations Centers in managing the production process, quality, production planning, Manufacturing Excellence, SEA and adidas standards implementation.
- Make day to day and long term impactful decisions within the defined production, quality, availability and ME / SEA scope.
- Set and influence tactical and operational direction for production and related supply chain (T2/T3) area.
- Give major input to issuing directives in production and related area.
- Manage tactical and operational relationship with the factory production top management across different supplier groups, influence different quality cultures and mindsets through process streamlining using CI techniques and quality tools.
- Works directly with the Factory GM in term of factory production personnel skills evaluation and through SOM provide facts/business cases to get the Factory GM/Owner to invest into various productions mfg machineries.
- With support from SOM, ensure best practices, cohesive messages, projects are shared or implemented consistently across factories in the area of quality, production and ME.
- Act as LO Shoes Master responsible for coaching, training/teaching and continuously upgrading technical, shoes manufacturing expertise and decision making capability of the Production personnel of the designated groups of factories/Operations Centers.
- Director Sourcing Footwear, Director Mfg Excellence Footwear, Footwear Quality
- Factory GMs , Factory Heads of Production, Factory Heads of QIP
- 3rd party / external auditing firms (Quality, Lab, SEA, Sustainability, Security, etc…) – as lead
- Tier 2 material suppliers-as lead
- Sr Development/Comm Manager.
- Other GOPS functions (Brand Operations, Quality, Costing, Planning, SEA, Materials, etc…)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven management experience incl leading, developing and motivating and building effective team within a function/department. Managing team remotely
- Experience in coaching and mentoring people and succession management.
- Have proven depth and breadth of experience in production and quality area which can be called up on to co-lead or support regional or global projects related to his/her area of expertise.
- Can independently lead LO based projects within defined scope of production.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication.
- Chinese, Indonesia or Vietnamese local language an advantage.
Requisite Education and Qualifications:
- University degree preferably on shoe making or engineering.
- 10+ years shoes making or quality experience in Footwear industry.
- Experience on production and quality or product development/commercialization.
- Proven manufacturing expert / shoes master.
- 4-5 years combined experience in at least 2 functions/area: production, development/commercialization or general Operation Center Management
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.