At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
To drive overall ME performance through implementation of Global Apparel ME process and standards, assuring our strategic objective of creating world class vendors that drive continually improvement and related KPI milestone are met by leading response LO ME Managers (MEM’s) and Snr. Managers.
- Lead and manage the Manufacturing Excellence Apparel team in the sourcing country for Manufacturing Excellence projects and initiatives to deliver measurable & sustainable increases in manufacturing efficiency, quality, sustainability and/or speed.
- Ensure that Lean Manufacturing Principles are maintained with all projects and that Lean Manufacturing metrics are continuously tracked
- Drive cross functional collaboration with all internal and external stakeholders in the sourcing country (Manufacturing Innovation functions, Brand Operations, Costing, Allocation etc.)
- Management and monitoring of KPI data to ensure that opportunities and risks are identified and addressed – this may include the introduction of new KPI’s and driving new analysis of existing data
- Manage the high-level communications with T1 business owners and senior internal/external stakeholders
- To effectively manage the escalation of issues and to be the Senior Operational contact point of sourcing country in managing the resolution of performance issues
- To be an effective ambassador to represent the ME department with internal and external stakeholders of sourcing country eg. knowledge sharing throughout the adidas-Group organization and supplier groups.
- Partner with machine manufacturers and attend industry trade fairs to keep educated on industry technology development which will impact productivity. Transfer knowledge into productivity improvement efforts across Apparel factories.
- Initiate and lead mid and long term operational strategy in the sourcing country,
- To ensure the on-going performance management and the development of the skills and capabilities of the MEM’s and SMEM’s through direct guidance and mentoring, fulfilling internal and external training needs, support the SR Director facilitating cross-location support, and the organization of ‘best practice’ sharing events and forums
- To oversee and agree the ME Operation resource travel and work-schedules in the response region to ensure that regional /business priorities and objectives are achieved
- Ownership of related regular ME Operational communications and build platform for knowledge transfer in sourcing country. .
- ME Operational resource
- ME Sr. Director
- T1 Business partners
- Functional heads (CI, TS, Planning, Costing)
- Senior Management team, Apparel Sourcing incl. Directors
- Brand Operations
- Global Supply Planning
- Supply Chain Integration
- Continuous Improvement
- SEA, CoE Logistics
- HR/Performance Management/IT
- Industry forums and organizations
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Apparel ‘business management’ acumen
- Ability to manage senior level communications and relationships
- Project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of T1 apparel manufacturing
- Strong communication skills
- Competency with Excel, Word, Access and MS Project is required.
- Fluent in English (Reading, Writing and Speaking), BULATS level 3 or equivalent
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 8 years of experience within an apparel manufacturing/industrial engineering environment
- A minimum of 3-5 years in a senior management position managing multiple departments/functions - ideally within apparel
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.