Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
- To ensure that commercial and business relationships and engagements with agencies are handled according to policies, commercials, risks and procurement category related best practices for the Media Marketing procurement category of the adidas Group.
- Manage Media spend (TV, Print, Online) together with marketing departments and media agency.
- Facilitating category relevant strategies and ensuring visibility and transparency of spend
- Development and execution of the Media Marketing procurement category strategy in alignment with senior category management and relevant Business Partners and their Brand objectives
- Build business relationships and own the procurement partnering relationship with the relevant stakeholders of the procurement categories within the adidas Group and the media industry
- Strategize with the media Brand director, Region marketing leads to identify and leverage media spend for added value platforms, programs and trading tools
- Own, lead and drive the creation and implementation of sourcing and agency strategies and ensure compliance with procurement policies, standards and guidelines for a defined set of procurement categories in alignment with the overall adidas procurement strategy
- Pro-actively enable and ensure transparency of spend and drive for an optimization of efficiency (procedures and cost) in collaboration with adidas Finance function and related stakeholders. Drive the execution of media audits and media benchmarks in the markets.
- Lead global and market agency selection/pitch processes in alignment with business partners and negotiate contracts up to final authorization including dispute resolution, approving and qualifying agencies as well as authorization of contracts and purchase orders within the respective country and Brand signature policy
- Track media spending and GRPs (Gross Rating Points) and perform post-program assessment
- Initiate, lead and participate in cross-functional teams in defined procurement and general development projects as well as pro-actively managing and supporting other team members in their tasks and activities
- Continuous learning and development of procurement/category knowledge and methodologies driving innovation and continuous improvement within the procurement function
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert and detailed knowledge of sourcing and procurement methodologies and concepts in the advertising industry
- Expert knowledge of advertising services, best practices, media inflation and media KPI’s
- Knowledge of brand strategy and application in media including local marketing
- Proven ability to drive category strategy and setup agency selection and management
- Proven ability to develop and implement sourcing strategies in order to face market trends
- Strong knowledge and experience in stakeholders and agency relationship management.
- Knowledge of Employment Contracts, Work-Labor Contracts, Claim Management, Liability, Warranty and international procurement related legislation
- Strong capability to independently interact throughout the adidas Group and initiate, build and maintain business partnership relationship in relation to the relevant procurement categories
- Extensive international project and process management knowledge and experience
- Excellent analytical, presentation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Action oriented and solution minded team player with high degree of self-management
- Proficiency in MS Office and preferably SAP MM/ SRM
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Travel of up to 35%
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university (Bsc./Msc.) with emphasis on the areas of business, marketing, economics, finance procurement, or comparable professional education. M.B.A. a plus
- At least 7+ years working experience with 5+ years of experience as media procurement manager or as media manager in the advertising industry
We are looking forward to receiving your application!