At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Support the design and implementation of SCM strategy including: operating models, infrastructure, programs, processes and organizations. Support executive sponsors in coordinating with business units and functions in ensuring alignment of SCM strategic initiatives with global and market initiatives and timelines.Provide the business with consulting and project management services for global coordination of projects.
- Develop business cases for large scale project initiatives on a global level across all brands in regards strategic initiatives, ensuring a tangible analysis behind any initiative brought forward.
- Support and implement programs within the strategic initiative and ensure successful hand-over to business after implementation.
- Support global SCM strategic initiative leaders in coordination with HQ functions
- Set up detailed project planning and milestone tracking relating to implementations.
- Continuously detail, evaluate, advocate, improve, develop, document, communicate, and maintain global program/project methodology with related global functions.
- Create and deliver harmonized implementation testing, planning, and execution to meet the requirements of strategic projects in close collaboration with stakeholders
- Ensure organizational efficiency through effective motivation, delegation and proper development of the respective team of project managers.
- Build up and develop the team (objective setting, assessments, training, career development incl. succession planning), foster productive cross-category cooperation within the entire department
- Provide formal, continuous communication to and alignment with executive leadership within the global functions and related markets on success metrics and business relevant targets within the roadmap and related projects.
- Drive harmonisation and standardisation of global template processes in the Markets/above Market thereby reducing complexity and increasing transparency and accountability across the adidas Group applications.
- Benchmark adidas Group process template and infrastructure rollout methodology against other industries and build a continuous improvement strategy with relevant stakeholders.
- Act as contact point for external project requests and project updates.
- Lead and develop a team to help support and further their growth in aspects of the professional content of their project management role.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Global end-to-end exposure and thinking
- International, cross-functional and intercultural exposure
- Proven track record of strategic project management experience, advanced understanding of business process management, methodologies, and principles
- Experience and advanced understanding of system and infrastructure complexities, with adidas systems knowledge a plus
- Strong experience in Change Management and Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Excellent presentation and communication (written and verbal) skills and personal presence, with proven ability to interact, influence and convince at senior management level
- Ability to mediate and bring different stakeholders with different objectives to agree on a consensus and drive decision making
- Service-minded/customer oriented, culturally sensitive
- Excellent problem solver
- High degree of self-management and drive required
- Fluent in English, ideally in other languages
- Knowledge of MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently (25%+, globally)
- A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis on the areas of business, economics, logistics, planning, supply chain, information systems, or operations; MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 8+ years of progressive work experience in mid- to large-scale project or program management; Direct report and team management experience a plus.
- work experience, ideally in an apparel/fashion supply chain management context desired