At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
The Digital Innovation Team at the adidas Group is helping to shape how we redefine our digital presence in a way that will push the future of Digital and create premium experiences across all our consumer touchpoints. We are looking to drive brand desirability, engagement and sales with new digital experiences. Join us and help shape the transformation.
As part of Digital Brand Commerce you’ll be part of the Digital Innovation Team located in Portland. We solve big brand and consumer challenges with new technology. Our team is passionate about digital and grounded in consumer insights. We are always looking to find unique ways to exceed consumer expectations for our products and services.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Support the Digital Innovation team as we research new technologies that will shape our future interactions with consumers. You will have a strong focus on analyzing consumer insights that can be used to deliver unique, consumer-facing digital solutions that help the adidas consumer connect with the brand and our products.
- A core focus will be research and human-centred design strategy. In a fast-paced, ever changing environment, assist with insights gathering, synthesis, presentation development, consumer journey mapping, and rapid prototyping. Projects center around piloting new digital experiences that can be used to ensure adidas operates on the cutting edge of technology and exceed the expectations of our consumers. The Design Insight Specialist will work with the Digital Innovation team to bring new digital experiences to life for consumers and the brand.
- Candidates should have strong iterative design skills, including idea sketching, and rapid prototyping. The focus is on visualizing concepts quickly so we can test them with consumers.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Assist in the definition, structure, and conduction of in-person ethnographic research
- Conduct research to explore and evaluate desired experiences, analyze research data, present findings, and make prioritized design recommendations which support the Digital Innovation Team’s goals and objectives
- Synthesize analysis of insights research from various sources into concise and easily digestible format. Review findings with the Digital Innovation Team.
- Clearly and strategically communicate research findings with prioritized recommendations and potential design solutions to the team through visually compelling presentations and documents
- Support insights gathering by connecting with consumer insights resources and tools to track current consumer and industry trends
- Organize and conduct discovery meetings with digital service companies that offer new solutions. Plan, communicate, schedule, track, and help evaluate which services are viable solutions
- With a strong focus on human centered design strategy, help manage third-party design work ensuring that the digital solutions that are explored are effective and best represent the adidas brand
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with internal and external resources to facilitate future partnership
- Participate in rapid prototyping in brainstorms in partnership with the team
- Assist with additional tasks as necessary
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Degree in Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Cultural Anthropology or related experience desirable
- Qualification in and/or significant experience using human centered design (design research / design thinking) research methodologies preferred
- Team Player. Bring your energy to the team. We play as one.
- Knowledge of emerging research approaches, tools, and ways to present findings
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience managing digital projects in a professional work setting
- Excellent problem solving skills – able to identify, analyze and propose solutions to various project issues
- Pragmatism. What does the user need? What does the business need? Balance both and create great outcomes for the business and user alike.
- Ability to work independently under little guidance on several projects simultaneously, action-oriented with the ability to multi-task and discern priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build successful relationships within a team and cross-functionally, including global partners
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to internal and external clients and vendors, both verbally and in writing
- Experience producing creative digital presentation materials and decks for both internal and external audiences
- Innate interest in new technology and a curiosity for digital innovation
- Must be entrepreneurial with an innovative spirit, great at handling change and ambiguity, eager, and willing to take chances